Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Scale Aircraft
Reload this Page >

RCSCALEBUILDERS

Community
Search
Notices
RC Scale Aircraft Discuss rc scale aircraft here (for giant scale see category above)

RCSCALEBUILDERS

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2007, 08:24 PM
JGrc
My Feedback: (29)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: RCSCALEBUILDERS

I've been having no problems in the last few weeks, speed is improved as well. Seems to me Mike is getting the bugs out. RCSB is really The scale site.

JG
Old 05-10-2007, 11:33 PM
G.F. Reid
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just joined the site and can't log in. The administrator says that he used my name and pw and logged on with no problem.
Here's the message I get;

Your login was un-successful due to a cookie problem.

Please ensure that all cookies are enabled on your web browser for this web site.

Any ideas?
I'm using IE and operating system is Windows XP Pro. Cookies are set properly as far as I can tell.
Old 05-11-2007, 09:04 AM
Edwin
My Feedback: (2)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The speed has dropped back to what it was before my problem. Still running an average 30 seconds per page. At least I can get back on now.
Edwin
Old 05-11-2007, 01:33 PM
G.F. Reid

Not able to log on at all. I set my browser to accept all cookies and I still can't log on. Very frustrating as it looks like my kind of website.
Old 05-11-2007, 02:19 PM
Chad Veich
My Feedback: (60)

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

I'm still seeing some speed issues with the site as well but I'm confident it will get better. There is absolutely nothing else like it on the net so I will take whatever I can get and be happy with it.

Greg, it's worth your time to figure out what the problem is. It's the best site on the net for us scale "freaks". You may try sending a PM to Todd Burley who posted earlier in this thread and see if he can help you out.
Old 05-11-2007, 02:52 PM
t_burley
My Feedback: (59)

thanks Chad for the plug here. I am also working on another member that currently
is having some issues.

Greg, PM me your screen name there and let me look into it as well.

I wont be able to do this until I get home this evening from work. Kalifornia time

todd
Old 05-12-2007, 12:03 AM
wingman371

I hate to tell y'all this but I am in Basra Iraq and I basically have no log on issues at all. matter of fact it is one of the fastest site's that I get into. Dang RCU takes longer half the time. I would just like to commend the owner and moderators of RCSB. Can't wait till August or September that is when the build thread beginns on my next or rather first in a bunch of years scale competition bird.
Old 05-12-2007, 10:57 PM
puff daddy

If any of you guys are already, or want to members. And are having problems getting on the site. Please PM Todd to help you log in. He loves the attention!
Old 05-13-2007, 08:08 AM
rrudytoo
My Feedback: (27)

rcscalebuilder.com is probably the best source of information on the net today for those interested in scale aircraft and their construction. Yes, I've had some very slow connections, too. They have improved somewhat recently but the connection speeds have not been consistent, at least, for me. Some days it works fine, other days it's as slow as molasses and every now and then it will take almost a full minute just to get to the home page and I have a 5mb cable connection. I'm not overly concerned, however, as I know Mike will get this issue taken care of before too long.

For those who have not had the opportunity to see one of rcsb's archive cd's, believe me, they are a treasure trove of great information. I bought the CD on the Don Smith Me 110 and I'm glad I did. All the extranious stuff that had nothing to do with the actual construction and detailing of the aircraft had been edited out leaving only the pertinent information on the disk. Going through the CD was like having a tutorial on how to build the plane from a good friend. I'm hoping that more archive CD's on different designs will become available in the near future as they are worth their weight in gold when building from plans.

My sincere thanks to Mike and all those who support and maintain rcscalebuilder.com. Your efforts are appreciated.

Al
Old 05-13-2007, 09:46 PM
G.F. Reid

Todd and Chad,
Randy from the site has been trying to help me for several days. For some reason, he can log in using my name and pw, but I can't.
I even tried from another computer today and got he same results.
I'm pm'ing you Todd in hopes that you can help me out. Looks like a great site and I"m frustrated that I can't get into it.
Thanks for help.
Old 05-13-2007, 10:00 PM
t_burley

Greg,

Randy and I talked about this today. I will look and see what I may
be able to do.
Old 05-14-2007, 07:35 AM
TomCrump

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Randy came through for me, on a problem that I was having.

Todd and Randy are good people.
Old 05-14-2007, 07:48 AM
MikeChilson

Guys,

Thanks for being patient as we have been getting the site "back in order" after the move. Also thanks for all of you in this thread that are members and try to help others out. Let me take this opportunity to clear up a few things about RCSB.

1. RCSCALEBUILDER.COM in a not for profit site. EVERY $ that come in is used exclusively to operate or improve the site. I nor any of my administrators gain anything from it other than the satisfaction of giving something back to the r/c scale community. So therefor we depend exclusively on the small amount of advertising / CD sales / donations to keep the site going.

2. RCSCALEBUILDER.COM will NEVER be as fast as RCU for several technical reasons but mostly we just do not have the resources this site does. So PLEASE stop comparing the speed to this site. it will NEVER be at this level. Also the performance of the site is very dependent on the number of active sessions (traffic). While the site may show 35 users on-line there is probably 120 active sessions (users with multiple browser windows open). So the performance will be up and down depending on the traffic.

3. RCSCALEBUILDER.COM uses the most secure method of cookie manipulation to protect YOUR privacy (this is why you may not have other sites give you the same problem). The majority of cookie problems people have are for one of the following reasons.

a. You have a corrupt cookie - Please check the FAQ on the menu of the site for the solution on how to fix this. you MUST follow the instructions step by step.

b. You are using a personal firewall that is blocking cookies - All personal firewalls allow you to either turn this feature off or exclude the site.

c. Your browser security setting are to high - Please refer to the above mentions FAQ also.

This is not mine nor my administrators full times jobs. We all do this in our spare time and quite frankly it takes up quite a bit of it. So please be patient with us when we are trying to help you.

Thanks to all of you for your support!

Mike Chilson
RCSCALEBUILDER.COM
Old 05-14-2007, 10:15 AM
Props4ever

Mike,

Thanks for coming on here and letting us know what is going on with the site.
I am just wondering if its down right now due to some maintenance issues?, and if so then when will it be up and running again..
I was on it since morning and it was working just smooth until 40 mins ago..

Regards
Old 05-14-2007, 10:22 AM
puff daddy

The router went down at the ISP, this morning. Is working fine for me at this time though.
Old 05-14-2007, 10:51 AM
Props4ever

Puffy,

I just got on it for few minutes but then it errored again, i guess ISP is still acting up...

Editedto let all know that RCSB is working normally now, go ahead and check it out...
Old 05-14-2007, 06:10 PM
G.F. Reid

Todd, I just sent you a PM regarding my ongoing problems getting in. Thanks for the help.
Old 06-03-2007, 05:03 PM
Boomerang1

Received 20 Likes on 10 Posts

Mike has now made the site accesable to post by support or purchase only. It remains to be seen if the site will remain viable if only the supporters (270 is the number he quoted) can post. I hope so, but it raises the question - do you support to keep it going or not support because it's a lost cause?

My opinion, damned if you do, damned if you don't.

I'm off to the RCSB shop to buy something - John.
Old 06-03-2007, 05:11 PM
Boomerang1

Received 20 Likes on 10 Posts

Back again, paypal only - sheet, why does life have to be so complicated! Something else to join/sign up! [:@] - John.
Old 06-03-2007, 05:49 PM
t_burley

actually John, with all the members we have, it still is a small amount that actually posts/uses the
site frequantely. without being a site supporter, one can surf freely as most already do, you just
only get 5 posts.

I am sending you a PM
Old 06-03-2007, 08:49 PM
G.F. Reid

I still to this day have never been able to log in on the site. It was so frustrating that I'm finally giving up. I've tried on two different computers with no luck. Even worse, you can't even READ content on the site without logging in...which I can't do.
I'm just letting it go.
Old 06-03-2007, 08:53 PM
t_burley

Greg did you ever try to clear your cookie cache on your machine yet?
I know with "props4ever" above, that was a problem with him. once he
cleared his history, temporay files and cookies, he was able to get on.

I also know if you type www.rcscalebuilder.com, vs rcscalebuilder.com
makes a difference as well.

if you want, I can call you and see if I can help?

todd
Old 06-03-2007, 09:20 PM
G.F. Reid

Well, I'll be. I just deleted all my cookies again and this time it worked. The only thing I did differently is that I deleted all cookies from the "Tools" drop down menu instead of what I did several times before...Which was to delete all cookies from the "Internet Options" window.
Thanks Todd. I probably would not have tried again if you hadn't promted me to do so.
Old 06-03-2007, 09:22 PM
t_burley

bingo Greg. I am glad it worked. if you have any further questions
let me know
Old 06-07-2007, 10:31 PM
shanksow

I was (and still consider myself to be) a RCSB site supporter. However, since you can only donate thru paypal - I am now frozen out of any postings to the site. I mis read the '5 post' rule before (thinking that one can only post 5 times a day to the site). Re-reading it again... 5 posts PERIOD. Then you are frozen out totally.

Went to Pay Pal webpage to look into trying it again. Slow. Also got security errors ( since I'm stuck on dial-up, Mac OS 9.2 runnign IE 5.5 for Mac). So I can only go and browse there now. I don't like that one damn bit. But, like I stated before, I'm stuck with what I have - end of story.

For you new users, I can still recommended going to that website and if you want to, donate, and make some great online friends.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.