Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Scale Aircraft
Reload this Page >

RCSCALEBUILDERS

Community
Search
Notices
RC Scale Aircraft Discuss rc scale aircraft here (for giant scale see category above)

RCSCALEBUILDERS

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2007, 06:12 PM
Oberfeldwebel

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RCSCALEBUILDERS

Anyone know if Rcscalebuilders is still a viable website.
I signed up last year but can not access anything now,
it's saying my username and/or password is incorrect
TIA
Old 05-02-2007, 06:36 PM
Pitts S1S
My Feedback: (9)

Default RE: RCSCALEBUILDERS

Yep there up and running. send an email to the webmaster there, he can reset your password for you. They switched over to a new server recently and have had some issues. Make sure your computer allows cookies for the log on.

Jeff
Old 05-02-2007, 06:44 PM
Safebet
My Feedback: (12)

I logged on last night. Everything appeared to be fine.
Old 05-02-2007, 07:46 PM
CoosBayLumber
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yep. Friend of mine (Bob Holman) and I pretty well gave up on visiting RCSCALEBUILDER back about January. Was very-very slow then, never knew if you actually were connected, they too sometimes it just flat stopped when you tried to navigate. He distributes Brian Taylor plan in North America, and just could not get to the forum with inquiries. We both quit at end of April, and got a "Don't" notice from one of their moderators. It still is pretty slow.

I noticed they have hundreds automatically logged in now. I don't really think there are that many viewing and responding to the site at any one instant. Must be some software issues going on.

Wm.
Old 05-02-2007, 10:33 PM
ccrebidoux
My Feedback: (3)

They just upgraded to their own server. Much faster now.

Chris
Old 05-02-2007, 11:28 PM
t_burley
My Feedback: (59)

Mike is still working on the bugs since moving to our dedicated server.
just taking some time being he also has a full time job.

I myself had some cookie problems ironically today, and I one of the Admins.
but once I cleared my cache, etc etc. I got back on.

so, for the most part, bugs are still being worked out.

William (coosbaylumber) did the info work for you in the email I sent back
to you the other night?
Old 05-03-2007, 04:16 AM
CTDavies

I can confirm that the site is much better now that they have moved to their own dedicated server. There were times when it was impossible to navigate, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed that those days are now over for good. Unbelievable what these guys do in their spare time for the r/c community, they need all the support they can get.
Old 05-03-2007, 05:36 AM
rwright142

I live in the country and only have dial-up (high speed is not even available yet, that's why I do most of my surfing at work hehehe) so it was terribly slow a few weeks ago. However, since the upgrade it is doing much better for me.

I just logged on there and saw this notice from the admin:
Last night I did some final ""tuning" and it seems to have paid off. I have had more than 20 users test the site and they all see a noticeable speed improvement now. average page load time has dropped from 8.5 seconds to 3.0 second per my testing software.
Old 05-03-2007, 06:47 AM
Edwin
My Feedback: (2)

I was on it yesterday and didnt notice any real speed difference. I timed an average 30 seconds to change pages. Seems like the first few access's were within reasonable time, then the longer I was on the slower it got. Towards the end of my visit it was about 1 minute per page. Its a great site, just too slow for regular research so I dont really visit that often anymore.
Edwin
Old 05-03-2007, 08:19 AM
My Feedback: (17)

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

I really like the site and the way they have it organized. I wish RCU could be organized to make it easier to find the build information you want. I find the way that RCU mixes together ARF, kit and scratch activity a pain.
Old 05-03-2007, 12:29 PM
carlbecker

Best place yet I have seen for building and warbirds. Visit and donate. If you prefer ARF's then here is the place to be.
Old 05-03-2007, 12:42 PM
Edwin

It looks like they made some progress on the speed. This morning it seems somewhat faster than in the past. Still not as fast as RCU but getting tolerable. I've always liked the format and the types of forums (especially the machining forum). Its the only rc forum I donate to.
Edwin
Old 05-03-2007, 06:01 PM
tony-howard
My Feedback: (224)

It is a great site.

But the new server which was supposed to improve response time hasn't done much for me. I just tried to sign on a few minutes ago - sign on took almost 60 seconds and then the site stopped responding trying to access Active Topics. It's been this way for me for several months. Sometimes it's fairly quick and other times excrutiatingly slow - I still get 'access denied" messages from time to time since the server transfer. And I have broadband modem. It's the only site that I visit regularly that is a problem.

So I find it hard to justify donating more money for something that is only sometimes functional for me. And I am also faintly irritated by the concept that if I don't donate again I'll have limited accessability.

If I sound a little peeved it's because the site has so much potential.

Tony
Old 05-03-2007, 08:28 PM
Props4ever

I think its real scale builders site.

Some times i get lack of speed and time outs even after new server has been placed but i still go in it time to time. It don't matter much to when server drops off but it does have lots of information any true scale builder could use to his advantage. Mike is still working on getting the bugs out and i understand it takes time specially in hobby world. I have tried to donate funds to the site but got refused for administration reasons, i will try again with another method shortly.

I highly recommend RCSB for true scale building, i enjoy it and i am sure you guys will too....
Old 05-04-2007, 08:42 AM
carlbecker

I believe RCSB is great. I don't think there is much capital behind it and it could be fantastic if more fund's where sent. I guess its a catch 22. Limited funds, slow speed not many contributions. I give instead of subscribing to a magazine because the info is so much better. Our dollars will only make it better.

Carl
Old 05-04-2007, 08:52 AM
Edwin

I figure in time it will start getting better and maybe turn into a profitable business for him, I hope so. So far, its the only site I have donated money to and will in the future since it perfectly matches my needs. I checked it again this morning and the speed has definately improved. So progress is in the right direct. Got to understand that he has a full time job.
Edwin
Old 05-04-2007, 09:43 PM
CoosBayLumber
My Feedback: (1)

You dialers must be luckier than Bob Holman and I are. For seems to be same-ol' same-ol

Just like it was last month. 'cept now it stops performing at about 4 pages into web site instead of the previous two.

May visit the place once again come June.

Wm.
Old 05-07-2007, 12:59 PM
Edwin

Well, it finally happened. I cant get in. Mike is working on it. I can see it would be frustrating being a pretty long time member, then suddenly locked out.
Edwin
Old 05-07-2007, 09:57 PM
Props4ever

Something is not right, now i can't even load the site anymore!, its taking long time to locate the site on server with error in the end!, Wondering if i am the only one who can't upload the site or other are experience same also?...
Old 05-07-2007, 10:01 PM
t_burley

the site was having some issues earlier. even I couldnt get on. Mike has figured out a
few of the bugs now, and is working on the rest
Old 05-07-2007, 10:38 PM
Props4ever

ORIGINAL: t_burley

the site was having some issues earlier. even I couldnt get on. Mike has figured out a

Its working now, Thanks Todd for quick reply.
Old 05-07-2007, 10:41 PM
t_burley

ORIGINAL: Props4ever

ORIGINAL: t_burley

Its working now, Thanks Todd for quick reply.

no problem. we are still trying to get all the bugs worked.
thanks to all for understanding
Old 05-08-2007, 08:49 PM
sfsjkid

One thing I've found is that the my cookie setting, "Overide automatic cookie handling" would sent me to the username/password incorrect page ever since they went to the new server (or at least that's when it started happening to me). You might want to check that in your Explorer settings.
Old 05-09-2007, 06:22 AM
Edwin

It hasnt worked since monday for me. I figure he's got his hands full at the moment and knows about it. I sent him a msg monday.
Edwin
Old 05-09-2007, 11:05 AM
Edwin

WOOHOO!!! I'm somebody again. Got a reply back from Mike asking for the exact msg, so when I went to cut-n-paste it, it worked. What a relief, was starting to get withdrawels.
Edwin

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.