RC Scale Aircraft Discuss rc scale aircraft here (for giant scale see category above)

"Ken" doll for prototype pilot

Old 11-22-2007, 02:27 PM
KitBuilder

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default "Ken" doll for prototype pilot

I'm looking into the 1/6 scale Proctor Nieuport 17 as my next project. It turns out my daughters Ken doll is perfect 1/6 scale at 12". I realize the doll is fairly heavy which is probably the reason they don't get used much... however... has anyone tried making a paper mache mold (front and back) using one and going from there. Just curious.

Mike
Old 11-22-2007, 02:58 PM
smcouch77

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: "Ken" doll for prototype pilot

GI Joe figures are 1/6 scale also. They are way too heavy, so I used the head, hands and clothes, and carved the body parts out of styrofoam. Worked out fine.
Steve
Old 11-23-2007, 11:49 AM
KitBuilder

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

ORIGINAL: smcouch77

GI Joe figures are 1/6 scale also. They are way too heavy, so I used the head, hands and clothes, and carved the body parts out of styrofoam. Worked out fine.
Steve

Ahhhh great idea... geeez.. can't believe I didn't think of foam insides while using the head, upper chest and arms... thanks !!....

Now how can figure to make WWI wheels w/out the store bought $30 price tag. I could afford it.. but I like making things... although... hmmmm are wheels where you want to experiment after a 4 month build [sm=71_71.gif] ????

Mike
Old 11-23-2007, 11:59 AM
abufletcher

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

ORIGINAL: KitBuilder
Ahhhh great idea... geeez.. can't believe I didn't think of foam insides while using the head, upper chest and arms... thanks !!....
You can also buy rag doll type fabric dummies with an internal wire frame in arts and crafts stores for about $5. I used this for the body of my pilot for my EIII. I also saw someplace here on RCU where someone (dionesius?) did vacuum moldings of the GI Joe parts to create a light weight version.

Now how can figure to make WWI wheels w/out the store bought $30 price tag. I could afford it.. but I like making things... although... hmmmm are wheels where you want to experiment after a 4 month build [sm=71_71.gif] ????
One helping of insanity coming right up!!!

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_26...tm.htm#2693952