Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Scale Aircraft
Reload this Page >

Scale plans Desighner info needed

Community
Search
Notices
RC Scale Aircraft Discuss rc scale aircraft here (for giant scale see category above)

Scale plans Desighner info needed

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2009, 02:46 PM
hyflyer9

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Scale plans Desighner info needed

Hi all I have a set of Plans for a Hawker Sea Fury F.B Mk. 11 wing span 77" length 69.5". the plans are Designed and Drawn by
Vito Tomeo Models from Fort Lauderdale Florida . does any one know of this person or ever heard of his Designs it looks like a nice set of plans very well made Including the parts template sheet. I have had these plans for about 5 years now and I am thinking of building the plane but I would like to find out a little info about the designer before I go out and start buying a lot of wood and building supplies and then only to find out that the designer was a bad one. any help would be great thanks All.

Daniel.
Old 03-15-2009, 03:13 PM
Mode One

Default RE: Scale plans Desighner info needed

You should Google Vito Tomeo Models, there are a few websites dedicated to his designs.
Old 03-15-2009, 04:25 PM
TFF

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I saw him fly it at the '81 Nats when I was a kid. It was one of the first "big" airplanes on the seen and made all the mags. I think he flew it with a 60 and prop drive at the time. The plans were around for a long time and he offered some fiberglass parts so some of the FG shops might still have the molds. It looked to fly great but he got some radio glitch and had to ditch it, which was into his van which was good of him as if he did not it would have hit the flight line crowd of a couple of hundred. I think it won a different Nats too so it was a pretty successful.
Old 03-15-2009, 06:23 PM
hyflyer9

TFF yes the plans do have a prop drive set up on them they are sort of like the gear drives on an electric plane if there is any more info about this guy or the plans please all i can get the better. I was looking on google and found some info and some photo,s I am guessing he is rite up there along with Plat and Ziroli.
Old 03-15-2009, 08:16 PM
Chad Veich
My Feedback: (60)

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

Tomeo was a well known competitor and plans designer in the late '70s through the '80s. If I recall he is deceased now. I have an old Scale R/C Modeler with the original build article for the Sea Fury. I'd be happy to scan it for you if you don't mind covering the scanning costs. (I don't own a scanner currently) Drop me an email if you're interested.

Chad Veich
[email protected]
Old 03-15-2009, 08:40 PM
hyflyer9

what year was that RC modeler I may have it my self. the plans came to me by a club member who had passed away and his daughters donated all of his hobby stuff to the club so what we did was had an auction with all the proceeds going to a plaque in his memory witch hangs in our club house still today. He was a founding member and he always wanted to build these plans he just never got around to doing it. so with that said now I am even more Interested in building this plane there is not much building info there but I have scratched built before with less.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Li20941.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	49.5 KB
ID:	1158658  
Old 11-10-2017, 08:21 AM
kenair
My Feedback: (10)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Chad Veich
Tomeo was a well known competitor and plans designer in the late '70s through the '80s. If I recall he is deceased now. I have an old Scale R/C Modeler with the original build article for the Sea Fury. I'd be happy to scan it for you if you don't mind covering the scanning costs. (I don't own a scanner currently) Drop me an email if you're interested.

Chad Veich
[email protected]
Hi, I have those VT Sea Fury plans and would love a copy of the magazine article if you can email it to me at [email protected]

I've also set up a FB group of Vito Tomeo Warbird Plans to nest and share information on VT warbird builds buhttps://www.facebook.com/groups/1677276075664534/ilds https://www.facebook.com/groups/1677276075664534/
thanks - ken kalynuk

Name:	FB group page 1.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	100.5 KB
ID:	2244309   Click image for larger version

Name:	Hawer Sea Fury VT 2.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	1.90 MB
ID:	2244310  

Last edited by kenair; 11-10-2017 at 09:03 AM.
Old 11-12-2017, 09:51 AM
drifter
My Feedback: (53)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Tomeo Scale RC Modeler Sea Fury Article
Attached Thumbnails Tomeo Fury.compressed.pdf  
Old 11-12-2017, 10:05 AM
kenair
My Feedback: (10)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by drifter
Tomeo Scale RC Modeler Sea Fury Article
Thank-you for a copy of the article as I have a used set of Tomeo Sea Fury plans that I bought from Gerry Fingler years ago. Gerry owned a hobby shop in Winnipeg "Cellar Dweller Hobbies" and flew the his Tomeo Sea Fury at the first Top Gun scale contest in 1989. The story goes ........ Gerry made a mod to the wing spar to accommodate a scale landing gear retact position which may have been the reason his Sea Fury wing folded in flight during on of the Top Gun flights.

The last photo is a pic of Vito Tomeo with his Sea Fury from the Lyman Slack web site at Welcome to my Model Aviation Biography

A DLE 30 or 35 would be perfect for this plane.
cheers - ken

Name:	Hawker Sea Fury VT.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	1.90 MB
ID:	2244817   Click image for larger version

Name:	Gerry Fingler Sea Fury 2.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	41.8 KB
ID:	2244818  
Attached Images