Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Scale Aircraft
Reload this Page >

Landing gear questions

Community
Search
Notices
RC Scale Aircraft Discuss rc scale aircraft here (for giant scale see category above)

Landing gear questions

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2008, 11:36 PM
proffj550

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Landing gear questions

Ok guys heres a question for ya? I have been flying my BUSA bristol for about month or so and have had some issues with the landing gear, for some reason I keep pushing the back braces into the fuse,now Im not proclaming to be an expert on landings but I have a hard time getting it to land w\o a bounce and thats when the problem arrises. I decided to modify the gear so that there would be some suspension on landing,take a look and see what you guys think,I know it is not as scale as the original design but hopefully a little more forgiving.[sm=72_72.gif]
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ki18661.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	33.3 KB
ID:	1005850   Click image for larger version

Name:	Dz80968.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	36.4 KB
ID:	1005851   Click image for larger version

Name:	Bg93621.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	48.0 KB
ID:	1005852   Click image for larger version

Name:	Sm29837.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	37.0 KB
ID:	1005853  
Old 08-07-2008, 02:05 AM
abufletcher

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Landing gear questions

Maybe you can solder up something similar to the gear on my Cub ARF. In this set up, upon landing the gear would flex outwards and the elastic between the main gear wires and the lower (forward) wire acts as suspension. It works very way and it very easy to make I know this because I ended up making my own replacement after a crash.

I can see why you would have problems with your Bristol's gear. All the force in a landing would be transferred straight into the rear fuselage mount. It doesn't look like a very good design.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Nl30737.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	166.3 KB
ID:	1005909