Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Scale Aircraft
Reload this Page >

Mint Julip Scale Meet?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Scale Aircraft Discuss rc scale aircraft here (for giant scale see category above)

Mint Julip Scale Meet?

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2003, 05:24 PM
stuntflyer
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mint Julip Scale Meet?

Any reports on the Mint Julip?
How was the weather?
How was attendance?
Who won?

Just Curious
Old 05-22-2003, 03:34 PM
Mr_Scale
My Feedback: (7)

Mint Julep was great... as always. There were 81 entries, which was second to their highest in their 31 years of holding the contest. The weather was so so. We had a bit of cross wind to deal with and Saturday afternoon the wind was turbulent and unpredictable. The ground was very muddy, but at least there was no rain during the actual competition. We did only get in 3 rounds of flying due to the large number of entries and the fact there was only 3 flight lines. The CD did indicate that there will be 4 flight lines next year. As far as who won, I am hesitant to go into that for the fear I may miss someone. That should be posted on the Southern Indiana RC Modelers web site in the next few days.
sircm.com
Old 05-22-2003, 08:29 PM
BOMBERGUY
My Feedback: (5)

Mr_Scale was right on about the Mint. They have so many classes to fly in it's hard to remember who finished in first place in each class. I do know Mr_Scale took first place in Expert (with retracts)! He flew his "Z" B-25 and scored high static (99.5) with it. All in all, everyone at the Mint Julep comes out a winner, It's a first class scale contest.
Old 05-23-2003, 09:53 AM
Mr_Scale
My Feedback: (7)

Thanks there Bomberguy, but without your support it would not have been possible!!!
Old 05-24-2003, 02:07 AM
green river rc
My Feedback: (2)

I been doing the Mint Julep myself for about 4 years now. I wouldn't miss it for nothing! I didn't fly that well, but I had a blast, and I didn't break my airplane! (Oh...what about that B-29?...OUCH!!!) Planes were falling out of the sky like pigeons on Saturday. That's the most crashes I've ever seen at Rough River, I feel lucky! Can't wait until next year! Thanks Dale, and John.