Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Scale Aircraft
Reload this Page >

New: Beech Baron and Duchess arf

Community
Search
Notices
RC Scale Aircraft Discuss rc scale aircraft here (for giant scale see category above)

New: Beech Baron and Duchess arf

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2012, 06:43 PM
tkapfer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: New: Beech Baron and Duchess arf

Does it make sense to mount the esc's in the nose of the plane like some others have done and lengthen the motor lines?
I'm not sure how much cooling they will get up there especially with the retracts being closed.

Just a thought.

Also I think we need to get csclark990 to make us some updates for the Eflite nose gear.

Thanks
Old 03-26-2012, 06:48 PM
rgaynor
My Feedback: (1)

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I would not mount them in the nose as there is very little air flow. I would also recommend using 10g wire given the wire length needed.
Old 03-27-2012, 03:55 AM
dbateman
My Feedback: (31)

You can buy plug in capacitors (deans) and install right at the esc battery connection in each nacelle. There are several available now, but i always use Tamjets. You could make up yourself with a little work, to save some money.
Old 03-27-2012, 06:35 AM
rgaynor

Castle Creations actually sells them on their web site. That said, they are easy to make up yourself.
Old 03-28-2012, 12:29 PM
viper1676
My Feedback: (14)

Hey Guys. Got a question about the light kit. It comes with this nice little brain that has all the lights plugged in to it. It only has one single lead coming out to hook up the battery. My kit didn;t come with any switches as stated on the website., and when I connect a battery to the the lead...all lights come on except for the taxi lights and landing lights. Anyone know hwo to get these on? The website says it needs a channel, but where do I plug it in? There's only one wire for battery in. I'm confused. Can anyone give some insight!

Thanks!
Old 03-31-2012, 05:13 AM
tkapfer

How about a question about the interior cockpit? I think all the parts are in my kit as far as seats and dash and door panels, but watching some build videos I noticed some had upper side panels that looked like they went around the roof area and down around the windows. Is that a change to the kit I have, or do I need to just paint the inside areas? Mine are covered in a light black overspray maybe from manufacturing.

Also how do you assemble all the seats? Do they interlock so you can glue them together or do the edges glue? The edges seem like they might not glue together very well. I have never built a cockpit before. Can it be assembled and painted PRIOR to inserting in the fuselage? Do you need to rough sand all of it first so the paint will stick?

Did most of you just use micro metal gear servos to keep weight down? It doesn't look like much torque is required. Hitec/JR?

I had also left Cliff an message that my tail hatch was cracked and I was also missing the antenna for the roof, but had not heard back from him lately.

Thanks,
Terry
Old 03-31-2012, 05:21 AM
tkapfer

Mine came with a plug and 2 small switches. When plugged in, 1 switch turned on the landing lights and the other switch turned on the rest of the lights.

I'm not sure though if the extensions will all be long enough to fit the various parts of the plane, but have not actually started my build yet. I have been reading this and other threads over and over to determine what all equipment to buy. The parts about overheating long battery lines and ESC's bothered me. Was almost considering glow engines, but had gotten rid of glow a couple years ago. I only have gas and electric now. A lot less mess.
Old 03-31-2012, 06:13 AM
viper1676

Hey Tcapfer,

In regards to the interior, there should be a big plastic panel that go on the ceiling. The sides are a buit smaller and have cut outs for the windows. For the seats, what I did was slide them in to each other. I'll grab a couple of photo's when I can and post them. If you look at some of the interior pictures other people have posted, you can see how they go together. They are not edge to edge though.
Old 03-31-2012, 06:22 AM
viper1676

Here is the light kit that I have. I have contacted Rcaerodyne and spoken with Robert. He told me that the website description had to be changed and the lights don't come with the switches anymore. As you can see, there is only 1 lead coming out of the module and he told me to plug that in to a channel on my radio. When I do this, all lights come on with the exception of the landing and taxi lights. I was told the lights needed to be put on a switch on the radio to get the landing and taxi lights to come on. I've tried that and still they won't come on. Anyone else have these lights and been able to get them to work? I'm going to put them on a regular switch and they're own battery and then plug to the radio. I'm not to keen about putting the lights on all the time and running off my receiver battery. I can land a plane without lights, not so much without controls if they kill the battery.

I'm using a n Airtronics SD10g for my radio if anyone knows how to program for the lights.

Thanks
Dave
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Xu62447.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	102.1 KB
ID:	1744941  
Old 03-31-2012, 06:24 AM
viper1676

Here's a pick of my interior and how I put together the seats.

Name:	Ig12054.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	74.7 KB
ID:	1744942  
Old 03-31-2012, 06:41 AM
tkapfer

Did you cut them out on the line that seems to go around the plastic? Or did you cut them out wider and let the plastic overlap so the pieces would glue together?

Did you finish the cockpit and then install in the plane?
Old 03-31-2012, 07:05 AM
viper1676

I cut them out on the lines. For the seat cusions, you just need to cut a slice in the back corners so you there is a slot for them to slide over the base. I haven't installed it yet. Just have a little fine tuning on them like sanding and then painting. I want to have all the electronics in and wired first before putting in the interior. This way I can run things as needed and hide wires if necessary. Interior will probably be the last thing I install.
Old 03-31-2012, 06:47 PM
viper1676

Figured out the lights. It was all in the programming on the radio. Not sure how I'm going to put this on a switch now though. I really wanted these to be on their own battery. Anyone see anyway I can still do this?

Thanks
Dave
Old 03-31-2012, 07:21 PM
Pilot P51
My Feedback: (6)

viper1676
install the second battery, use a y coming off your landing gear and plug the light into the other side. WHen you hit the gear switch for the landing gear to come down the landing lights will come on. I have two planes set up this way and it works great.

Walt
Old 03-31-2012, 07:25 PM
rgaynor

Dave, you can still hook up a switch and control it with a separate servo. Another solution is to use an in-line electronic switch that hooks into you light plug on one end and connects into an open channel on the reciever on the other end. Good luck
Old 03-31-2012, 07:38 PM
rgaynor

I flew my Baron today with the new electric e-flite retracts and struts that were stiffened with thicker springs. What a great flying plane! She flies very scale and stable. While you have to fly her in on the landings, she tracks very well and glads in. Great day out at the fields!!
Old 04-01-2012, 12:51 PM
tkapfer

Here is what I was talking about for inside cabin parts. They must have changed these as I don't have those 2 parts.

Attached Images  
Old 04-13-2012, 04:18 PM
tkapfer

Pictures of my oleo struts.

Name:	Ay74556.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	48.3 KB
ID:	1749828   Click image for larger version

Name:	Yt60615.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	49.2 KB
ID:	1749829  
Old 06-17-2012, 01:30 PM
rcdaddy76
My Feedback: (3)

Have any one use LADO or electron retracts for rc aerodyne BARON?
Old 06-17-2012, 04:49 PM
rgaynor

I am using the E-Flite retracts which work great on the Baron. I put heavier springs in the struts to support my 17 lb plane.
Old 06-17-2012, 10:40 PM
rcdaddy76

Thanks Rgaynor...I am tired of cheap Chinese products.  I got air leak from cheap Chinese T-fitting,  air leak from plastic air valve (2) total, and now I found out couple days ago air leak from the cylinder of nose gear!!!
Old 06-26-2012, 05:49 PM
viper1676

Ok, she's coming along nicely. Wings are done and all mounted. Did the mod on the aileron rods so they don't slide in. Question I have. For the lights, where did you guys mount the module? I can't fit it in the wing as I went with the 2 ail, 2 flaps in the center, so no room. Trying to figure out how I would go about with the wiring and such if I put it in the fuse. Obviously when I take the wings apart, the wires for the wing tip lights need to be plugged in each time.

Thanks
Dave
Old 06-28-2012, 08:00 PM
rcdaddy76

Wow!!! I didn't think Rc-aerodyne will give me a nose gear replacement but they did. That was incredible customer service..
Old 06-29-2012, 08:38 AM
dbateman
My Feedback: (31)

I may put mine up for sale. New in box, with 3 blade props, spinners, hacker motors, esc's, retracts (air),scale struts. No work done except motor mounts and hackers are assembled. Just inspected and admired, but would be tight fit in my Kia Soul. Seeing if there is interest. Will give good deal.
Old 07-02-2012, 04:56 AM
autotecart

whats the news on the king air how far off are they from getting it to market?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.