Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Scale Aircraft
Reload this Page >

Sterling PT-17 Plan Sheet 1 Needed

Notices
RC Scale Aircraft Discuss rc scale aircraft here (for giant scale see category above)

Sterling PT-17 Plan Sheet 1 Needed

Old 03-24-2009, 07:38 AM
smithcreek
My Feedback: (25)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sterling PT-17 Plan Sheet 1 Needed

I posted this over in the kit section but wasn't able to locate anything. I bought a Sterling PT-17 kit and it's missing plan sheet 1.

The Upper Wing is on one side and (I think) Final Assembly on the other. I'd be happy to buy the plans if you don't need them anymore, pay you for copying and any associated costs, or put a deposit on the plans if someone will send them me. I'll do all the copying and then return them. I'll even make an extra copy for the person that sends them to me. PM me if you can help.
Thanks.
Old 03-24-2009, 09:14 PM
RCPILOT78

Default RE: Sterling PT-17 Plan Sheet 1 Needed

smithcreek..If I had the plans I would give them to you but I built the plane several years ago and I don't have the plans anymore.. sorry....
Old 03-25-2009, 09:29 AM
smithcreek

Thanks RCPilot, these are much harder to find than I thought they would be. I know they sold lots of kits, so I'm sure I'll be able to shake one loose sooner or later.
Old 03-25-2009, 12:18 PM
landeck
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: smithcreek

I posted this over in the kit section but wasn't able to locate anything. I bought a Sterling PT-17 kit and it's missing plan sheet 1.

The Upper Wing is on one side and (I think) Final Assembly on the other. I'd be happy to buy the plans if you don't need them anymore, pay you for copying and any associated costs, or put a deposit on the plans if someone will send them me. I'll do all the copying and then return them. I'll even make an extra copy for the person that sends them to me. PM me if you can help.
Thanks.

You should be able to get a copy of the plans at this site. They are listed as available.

http://home.mindspring.com/~jeff.coo...odels/id4.html

Bruce
Old 03-26-2009, 08:28 AM
smithcreek

ORIGINAL: landeck

You should be able to get a copy of the plans at this site. They are listed as available.

http://home.mindspring.com/~jeff.coo...odels/id4.html

Bruce
I found that and emailed a request but haven't heard back. They emphasize sharing info on that site. If you want something you have to provide something, and more specifically, if you want a set of plans you need to supply a set of plans. Unfortunately I only have one other Sterling kit, the Waco SRE, and they already have the plans for that.

I own a CNC router and this summer/fall as I build the Waco SRE kit I will be drawing all the parts in CAD, so that some time down the line I can build a larger 72" wingspan version. I offered those drawing, when finished, also. We'll see if they are interested.
Old 03-26-2009, 09:57 AM
szig

Perhaps you could offer to draw the part templates for them?
It seems that they dont have them.
Old 03-26-2009, 12:09 PM
smithcreek

ORIGINAL: szig

Perhaps you could offer to draw the part templates for them?
It seems that they dont have them.
I could and would offer that, but at this point I haven't heard anything back, so I'll wait. IMO, a set of CAD plans would be far more valuable than a pencil outline of the die cut parts. CAD drawings could be used to make something as simple as paper templates to cut your own parts, or could be sent to a kit cutter and turned into a beautiful perfect fitting lazer cut kit in whatever size/scale you want. Anyway, until they get back to me it's a moot point.
Old 03-26-2009, 03:27 PM
rcten

Hi, I replied to your other forum reguarding Sterling plans, of which I have a complete 4 sheet set (unused as in never been built on) that I'm willing to part with or you may copy if you don't wish to purchase.
Let me know.

RCTenn
Old 03-27-2009, 07:33 AM
smithcreek

ORIGINAL: rcten

Hi, I replied to your other forum reguarding Sterling plans, of which I have a complete 4 sheet set (unused as in never been built on) that I'm willing to part with or you may copy if you don't wish to purchase.
Let me know.

RCTenn
replied in other thread.
Old 03-27-2009, 09:24 AM
CoosBayLumber
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: smithcreek

Thanks.

In the above you mentioned a need for sheet one. But of what kit? I think Sterling made three or four ksits on the Stearman.

And, if you know Sterling as I do, that plan may be helpfull, but is not enough information on it to create a whole (repro) kit. Usually they do not include a good top view to tell how wide a model is to be.

Wm.
Old 03-27-2009, 02:22 PM
smithcreek

ORIGINAL: CoosBayLumber

And, if you know Sterling as I do, that plan may be helpfull, but is not enough information on it to create a whole (repro) kit. Usually they do not include a good top view to tell how wide a model is to be.
I found a set of plans, it was for the 64-1/2" model, and I'm not trying to plan build the plane, like the first post said I have the kit already, just missing one plan sheet.