Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Scale Aircraft
Reload this Page >

Fokker D.XXI

Community
Search
Notices
RC Scale Aircraft Discuss rc scale aircraft here (for giant scale see category above)

Fokker D.XXI

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2009, 12:42 PM
J330
My Feedback: (3)

Received 32 Likes on 30 Posts
Default Fokker D.XXI

I Have a set of plans for the Fokker D.XXI from M.C.Beaulieu plans service.
They are very old and a large part has faded away.Does anyone have a set of these or know where I can get them.If you know of any other plans for the D.XXI
that might work also.

Old 06-18-2009, 02:37 PM
R8893
My Feedback: (20)

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Default RE: Fokker D.XXI

Jerry Bates has DXXI plans
Old 06-18-2009, 04:41 PM
Boomerang1

Received 20 Likes on 10 Posts

I built a Fokker 21 from scratch for a 120 4 stroke.

Whilst I had some competition success with it it was not a wonderful flyer & my advice would be to choose a different aircraft to model. - John.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Xv65670.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	40.9 KB
ID:	1220602   Click image for larger version

Name:	Hc92570.jpg
Views:	151
Size:	49.2 KB
ID:	1220603   Click image for larger version

Name:	Qv54490.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	34.4 KB
ID:	1220604  
Old 06-18-2009, 04:59 PM
abufletcher

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just curious. What about the design of the original aircraft do you think makes it a problematic flyer as a model? It looks like a pretty typical pre-WWII fighter.
Old 06-18-2009, 06:58 PM
Chad Veich
My Feedback: (60)

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

http://www.scalercmodels.com/rcplans.html#13
Old 06-18-2009, 08:00 PM
J330
My Feedback: (3)

Received 32 Likes on 30 Posts

Thanks guys for all your help I was able to call Mike Beaulieu and get the plans aparently he had been away on buisness and was unable to return my E-mails.I live down the street from Dave Platt and I showed him the plans and he said that he had concidered the airplane but felt it lacked in wing area then he said that there was one at Top Gun and it flew excellent so it might be reconcidered all I can hope is that mine flys equally as well.Thanks again.

Don
Old 06-19-2009, 02:09 AM
Boomerang1

Received 20 Likes on 10 Posts

What about the design of the original aircraft do you think makes it a problematic flyer as a model?
I think it may be the large radial cowl causing blanking/turbulence over the rather small tail surfaces. leading to sudden stalls, I was always ready for it to bite me!

The large spats also mean a lot of keel area forward which probably needs more fin area to compensate.
Yes, not a huge amount of wing area for the weight either.

A shame, as a scale model it was probably the best I had built (quality & accuracy wise) up until that time.

Interestingly, I had an ARF Boeing Peashooter which is a very similar layout & it also showed similar less than pleasant charachteristics although being more lightly loaded it was a bit less vicious. - John.
Old 03-29-2022, 04:56 AM
GerryCoach

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the Beaulieu plans and the Jerry Bates plans of the Fokker D XXI.
The Jerry Bate plans are virtually scale copies EXACTLY like the original Fokker D.XXI that fought in May '45 and was succesful then (apart from the ones that were dstroyed on the ground). No shelters in the Netherlands in those days...!
The original plans of the DXXI were published in a book that was issued approx. 2012. There are only a 100 copies of them and not available anymore!
The plans by Jerry Bates are an exact copy (1:5 and 1:4). This model flies well, although it is not a beginner model. Even the original construction method has been applied, which is good but in terms of an RC model (1:5) a bit overdone and could be simpler, certainly if you take modern materials and methods into account.
The Beauleu plans are not a real scale model and certainly not exact. In my opinion the wing profile is not correct and differs greatly from the original wing profile.

Last edited by GerryCoach; 03-29-2022 at 05:05 AM.
Old 11-20-2023, 10:39 PM
namron11
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by J330
I Have a set of plans for the Fokker D.XXI from M.C.Beaulieu plans service.
They are very old and a large part has faded away.Does anyone have a set of these or know where I can get them.If you know of any other plans for the D.XXI
that might work also.
. I have a full set on paper and PDF.