Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Scale Aircraft
Reload this Page >

Is kitcutter.com a ripoff?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Scale Aircraft Discuss rc scale aircraft here (for giant scale see category above)

Is kitcutter.com a ripoff?

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2010, 09:14 PM
reggeee

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is kitcutter.com a ripoff?

I paid cornell Michaels 5 months ago to cut a kit for me. he gave me a 4-6 week delivery date, from that point on it's been nothing but excuses. he refuses to refund my $489. As I looked around the web I found i'm not the only one who's been burned. Today i contacted Paypal and filed an IC3 internet fraud complaint. I've had it and will continue to attack until he refunds the money. Be warned. Kitcutter.com Cornell Michaels
Old 05-26-2010, 09:30 PM
dug44
My Feedback: (2)

Default RE: Is kitcutter.com a ripoff?

I just read your post and tried to go to the site.... SERVERERROR... Sory to hear that, hope you et your kit and your money... You deserve both imo...
Old 05-26-2010, 10:57 PM
AH1G

Server error does NOT mean the site is down! It does mean that the bandwidth is or has been exceeded or their is too much traffic on your server.
I had NOPROBLEM getting on the site.
I have dealings with Cornell and its been satisfactory so far.
Old 05-27-2010, 04:19 PM
dhal22

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

i would hate to have my company discussed like this. no way i let something like this go on. too bad, very bad business decision.
Old 05-27-2010, 04:40 PM
reggeee

ORIGINAL: dhal22

i would hate to have my company discussed like this. no way i let something like this go on. too bad, very bad business decision.
I tried really hard not to go this far. But he just keeps giving me excuses and never delivers. His latest was yesterday. He told me i would have the kit by the end of the week. Which is fine except ....he told me that last week and 4 months ago too. I'm also concerned about the quality of the kit now. Having to beat him up to deliver can't produce good results. I asked him for a refund 3 months ago. 2 months ago and this month as it was obvious to me he hadn't even started. he refused and just kept promising and never delivering. Now I'm taking the only recourse I have. Let the people who he will rip off next know what's coming. I also know I'm not the only one he's screwed. I've seen other posts on other sites with the same story. We will see if a kit arrives tomorrow. I doubt it.
Old 05-28-2010, 07:59 AM
BobH
My Feedback: (2)

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

Ya know..there is absolutely NO EXCUSE for running a business this way.

I learned long ago to never pay via check or cash.. ONLY credit card. If a vendor wont accept it then I'll go to someone else. At least you have some recourse via a credit card.
Old 05-28-2010, 08:38 AM
carlbecker
My Feedback: (3)

www.kitcutters.com is someone else. I tried to some business with them but it never got very far. I have dealt with Cornell Michaels once years ago and it went well. Looks like Cornell Michaels is www.kitcutter.com. Sad to hear you have problems. Seems like the best business is to under promise and over deliver.
Old 05-28-2010, 09:20 AM
JeffH
My Feedback: (43)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I had dealings with him years ago that mimmick your experiences thus far. I needed a short kit for a Ziroli Panther. He said it would be 4-6 weeks, no problem! In the mean time, he offered me a great deal on a Bates Wildcat full kit. I bought that as well. I got that right away, but it was 6 months of so waiting for the Panther.
I ended up not building either, but the quality of cutting was avg. He left the patterns stuck to the wood, and he followed the lines ok, but didn't really finish sand to the level that the aeroplane works(when owned by the Gills) did.
Old 05-28-2010, 09:44 AM
reggeee

He is quite a piece of work! I've been exchanging emails with him. Last night I asked him whet he couldn't understand about: He has my money, I have no kit= I'm angry!. He proceeded to ask me what I didn't understand about: He doesn't have my money anymore. He spent $350.00 on wood and gave some to The Junior miss America pageant!! And called me racist because I would deprive Junior miss America some money. SOOOoooooo......... I realized arguing with an idiot makes me one too. Lets just say he's a couple of ribs short of a complete kit. I'm supposed to receive the kit today(he told me monday it would be here by Friday). I'll let you know if it gets here. I wish I didn't have to do this, but $489.00 is a considerable amount of money in any economy and our hobby/sport is such a giving, sharing fraternity. We shouldn't support people or businesses the threaten that ideal. I do in a way feel sorry for him. There is a great reward in feeling that you've delivered your work/product with pride and craftsmanship and someone calls you and thanks you for over delivering and exceeding expectations. I suspect he doesn't get too many of those calls. His loss.
Old 05-28-2010, 04:19 PM
cryderde

I have been trying to get a Curtis Hawk P-6E from this kit cutter since June 18 of 2007. I have called and called and I always get the same response. Yours is on the table. I will get it to you right away. Sorry for taking so long. Ihave paid for the kit in full and have not recieved the goods. I have asked to have it or the money by the 18th of june 2010 or I am going to fly down and have a personal visit with this person. I hired this person to do a job for me in good faith. I have all the documentation and money orders so if i have to go to court to get this settled I will. If you are advertising a service and making promises you had better be ready to keep your word. I am not sure if it is because I am from Canada that this person is Jacking me around or what the issue is. Can anyone else let me know how they settled their concerns. Thanks
Old 05-28-2010, 09:34 PM
reggeee

well No kit arrived today so i guess he lied again. And judging by the post above this, I might be waiting a few years!! If anybody reading this has info where this guy lives, I'd like to call the local police dept. and file a claim. I do have all the original emails and paypal receipts as proof. I just don't know where he is. Hopefully this guy gets his and doesn't get away with ripping people. I'm not sure if he ever intended to get me a kit or just keeps stealing money from people because no one turns him in?

Old 05-28-2010, 09:45 PM
reggeee

i found this address today. Does anyone know if this is accurate before I contact the police and local authorities. I've had enough of this guy. he's basically laughing at me and everyone else he's ripped off.

2208 Minerva. Westland Michigan 48186. Phone: 1-734-578-0993

is this the address?
Old 05-29-2010, 07:15 AM
TLH101
My Feedback: (90)

And his real name is not "Cornell Micheals", from front page of website
"My name is Michael Neal, and I have been cutting giant scale kits professionally for over 17 years now."
http://www.kitcutter.com/cut/www.kitcutter.com/news.htm
Old 05-29-2010, 07:54 AM
rcwarbirdbuilder
My Feedback: (104)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What is it with these people?, They know they can get away with it!,, our system allows to many of these guys to collect money and not provide the goods, sounds like the same pboblem I have when dealing with Arizona Models aka Digital Design. Best option order by Credit Card! at first sign of problem contact credit card company and have charge cancelled, and let the merchant know you have cancelled the order and he is not authorized to recharge credit card,,, if he does contact credit company and file for credit again due to fraud and un-athorized credit card charge..
Old 05-29-2010, 08:27 AM
wattmeter

I found this with google
Melanie Neal (734) 453-6538 7434 N Hix Rd, Westland, MI 48185-1955 Map

hope it helps
wattmeter
Old 05-29-2010, 03:27 PM
reggeee

ORIGINAL: cryderde

I have been trying to get a Curtis Hawk P-6E from this kit cutter since June 18 of 2007. I have called and called and I always get the same response. Yours is on the table. I will get it to you right away. Sorry for taking so long. I have paid for the kit in full and have not recieved the goods. I have asked to have it or the money by the 18th of june 2010 or I am going to fly down and have a personal visit with this person. I hired this person to do a job for me in good faith. I have all the documentation and money orders so if i have to go to court to get this settled I will. If you are advertising a service and making promises you had better be ready to keep your word. I am not sure if it is because I am from Canada that this person is Jacking me around or what the issue is. Can anyone else let me know how they settled their concerns. Thanks
Do you have a phone number that he answers? I have only communicated via email. Part of my problem is I paid him with paypal and paypal only gives you 45 days from yhr transaction to make a claim which is no good because he promises delivery in 6 weeks. So this thief has the system figured out. If there is anybody in law enforcement reading this, is there any way to get this guy??

so far I've counted 4 people who have been robbed of at least $400.00 each. that adds up to grand theft in any state. We have to stop this guy.
Old 05-29-2010, 05:17 PM
TLH101
My Feedback: (90)

Just contact the local law enforcement in his hometown, and lay out all the details. Quite often, they will be willing to go have a "talk" with the scammer.
Old 05-30-2010, 08:09 AM
SunnyFlyer09

"I am not a major company, fact is I am not even a small company. Like many of you I work a full time job and do this because I love the work and it earns a few extra dollars ."

If he only does it in his spare time, you could be waiting years. I'd never use this guy.
Old 05-30-2010, 08:33 AM
abufletcher

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: SunnyFlyer09

''I am not a major company, fact is I am not even a small company. Like many of you I work a full time job and do this because I love the work and it earns a few extra dollars .''

If he only does it in his spare time, you could be waiting years. I'd never use this guy.
Unfortunately, that's a LOT of people on the RC hobby business, particularly when it's a specialized product (such as laminated props, custom gear or exhaust systems). But there are lots of kit cutters. LOTS OF THEM. And many of them are full-time professionals. No reason to use someone who's only an AMAteur (from the Latin "to love"). Unless they are offering a really great price.
Old 05-30-2010, 09:36 AM
AmishWarlord
My Feedback: (5)

Hmmm this guy sounds like he needs to be yanked around a bit. Let the games begin!

Hey Reggeee, what kit did you order from him?
Old 05-30-2010, 10:09 AM
reggeee

ORIGINAL: AmishWarlord

Hmmm this guy sounds like he needs to be yanked around a bit. Let the games begin!

Hey Reggeee, what kit did you order from him?
haha WARLORD .....sign me up. I ordered a 104" Mike smart chipmunk. The games have begun.
Old 05-30-2010, 10:26 AM
AmishWarlord

Hope this guy has a son named Mike Jr. or you guys have been getting ripped off by a kid.

""Hermannator (Heather Hermann) | MySpace - myspace.com/07hermann14
25 posts - 4 authors - Last post: Apr 30
"my friend michael neal stays on 2208 minerva st. In westland mi 48186 he lives with his parents.

..."
Old 05-30-2010, 10:56 AM
reggeee

ORIGINAL: AmishWarlord

Hope this guy has a son named Mike Jr. or you guys have been getting ripped off by a kid.

''''Hermannator (Heather Hermann) | MySpace - myspace.com/07hermann14
25 posts - 4 authors - Last post: Apr 30
''my friend michael neal stays on 2208 minerva st. In westland mi 48186 he lives with his parents.

...''
hmmmmm....either that or his parents are 110 !! i'll check out that address though. thanks
Old 05-30-2010, 11:46 AM
AmishWarlord

deleted
Old 05-30-2010, 12:28 PM
Chad Veich
My Feedback: (60)

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

2208 Minerva is, or was at one time, the correct address for Cornell Michael's. Can't say for sure if they are still at that address.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.