Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 34 of 34 FirstFirst ... 24323334

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Seidel 7-70 radial: Help me decide!

Hi Bob,

a Club mate of Mine flies the proctor Fokker Eindecker with the St 770. Works great! So for the DR 1 (is it? or D VIII?) it'll be great. I guess one has to make a choice: scale looking engine, sound and feel, or scale flight. For with a lighter engine you certainly get the speed of those WW1 fighters way down. With the Seidels it's always a bit of a trade off. However I find my Nieuport just slow enough... Well - could be slower for true scale appearance, I guess, but its not too bad...

and yes, you might have to position the batteries way aft in the fuse... In the Nieuport they are right behind the pilot seat. Two two cell 1500 lipos for the radio an one 5 cell 6000 ( five 1200-cells) for the glow system. That plus plywood re-inforced tail surfaces puts the cg just right...

so while you're still building: anything that makes the tail sturdier won't harm you in terms of weight...

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Another thing:

i am currently in Sydney, Australia. It is 9:00 am on the 21st and the world is still going strong... Light wind, partly cloudy and no apocalypse on the horizon.,,

just to let you know...

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Great !!! nice to know we will have another sunrise tomorrow
    Fleet Brotherhood #5
    Half A Wing, Three Engines and A Prayer

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Speutz. thanks for that information. Oh. maybe the Australia will be the last to know! LOL

By the way its a Glenn Torrence Fokker DVI.
    BobH.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

OK, so it sounds like 0/0 is just fine. As for the weight, well, we are talking about 3kg+ for the engine+collector+mount so that's definitely a significant consideration. But as Speutz points out, guys use these on 1/4 scale EIII models. In fact, the Seidel is what's shown on the Proctor EIII plans. But the weight issue is part of what made me go with the Strutter as a "first mount" for my Seidel. Not all 1/4 models are the same size. A 1/4 scale 2-seater is a significantly larger model.

Invermast, I could try the blue loctite, but I've had too many of those extension wires comes loose in the past so I've preferred either to solder them in place...or even better to put a small hex bolt in place and then do the adjustment with a long hex-wretch/driver (though a tube in the side of the model).

As for Mayan destruction, we'll have to wait for until it's 12/21/12 on the continent where the Mayans lived! Sure hope things work out, since my plane is set to touch down in LA on Saturday, Dec. 22! [X(]

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Spuetz
    I guess one has to make a choice: scale looking engine, sound and feel, or scale flight. For with a lighter engine you certainly get the speed of those WW1 fighters way down. With the Seidels it's always a bit of a trade off. However I find my Nieuport just slow enough... Well - could be slower for true scale appearance, I guess, but its not too bad...
    I'm hoping to have it ALL on the Strutter. With the engine only running to perhaps half throttle it'll be swinging a scale size prop and something like scale revolutions and with the big strutter I would imagine something like scale speed.

so while you're still building: anything that makes the tail sturdier won't harm you in terms of weight...
    That was my thinking when I created my Strutter fuse frame with a full set of fully functional cross-bracing wires and scale tail bracket. The nice thing about the Seidel is that as modelers we're back to why these WWI airplanes looked the way they did to start with: There was this big hunk of spinning metal up front and it had to be balanced out somehow!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Abu, lol never got back to this... I think my prob is I am running 4.8 not 3.6 +- as requested. I have the Glow 7 LP with the balancer, so now that I have seen the 5000 3.7 lipo, I may get that one as well. I can't find a nicad that would work unless I go custom. I could use the nicd weight up front.

It is amazing that I am not the only one who was absolutly agravated with a Siedel 710 (770). Thanks for all the info that you guys talked out about the starting procedure.

Funny thing is it used to start no problem with a 3800 mah 4.8. Would that voltage cause the Glow 7 to not work?
    Chasman

Page 34 of 34 FirstFirst ... 24323334