Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Scale Aircraft
Reload this Page >

Arizona Models

Community
Search
Notices
RC Scale Aircraft Discuss rc scale aircraft here (for giant scale see category above)

Arizona Models

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2010, 03:49 PM
abufletcher

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Arizona Models

ORIGINAL: harleyguy518
Flyboys manual as pdf
BTW, many of the Big Name kit manufacturers in the US allow potential builders to download the construction manual to see what they getting into. If there is a manual available as pdf, why not make it downloadable?
Old 03-07-2010, 03:56 PM
harleyguy518
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think everything needed is on the CD, however, if anyone needs more info, photos, plans, instructions, whatever, all they need to do is call or e-mail. I know Jaime is willing to provide access to all this info upfront before you buy.
Old 03-07-2010, 04:17 PM
abufletcher

ORIGINAL: abufletcher
If there is a manual available as pdf, why not make it downloadable?
If there is a manual available as pdf, why not make it downloadable?
Old 03-07-2010, 07:02 PM
Mustang51
My Feedback: (25)

Hi guys. listen, the last thing i want to do is defend Arizona, I 've had my dealings with them as well. The fact of the matter is that some of the biggest names in scale(Ziroli, Smith, Hotsettler to name a few) do not provide construction manuels. it is presumed that if you are attempting a complicated build that these advanced airplanes are, you know what you're doing. If you can't read a set of plans, do your self a favor and stay away from these designers.
On a side note... it amazes me that people continue to do business with the likes of Arizona(this thread was started 8 years ago, so stop your whinning if you've been dealing with them since then, I've known they were trouble way before then.), Lado retracts, and Century Jet with all the negetive feelings that are out there about these companys.

-M51
Old 05-14-2010, 05:09 PM
rcwarbirdbuilder
My Feedback: (104)

Quit sticking up for the guy because he cuts your kit for free, The slow shipping is Arizona Model doing, not the post office or whathever Jammie wants to try to blame, the guy is disalusioned and need to be out of business which may be, heads up AZM is aka Digital Design LLC..
Old 05-23-2010, 01:58 PM
breadner
My Feedback: (1)

Please do not deal with these companies and then the snakeoil salesman will disappear!
Old 05-23-2010, 02:53 PM
rcwarbirdbuilder

Old 05-23-2010, 05:52 PM
rcwarbirdbuilder

Provo- I am sure you boys in the UK should realize that Jamie Johnson aka Digital Design, aka dr. Jeckle would be on his best behavior to groom a new market for his products since as you can see nobody here in there right mind well deal with him.
Old 05-23-2010, 07:18 PM
rcwarbirdbuilder

Scale only 4 me, Thank you for pointing out to everyone that Jamie's explanations are never complete or true. My order which was to be shipped within 30 days was not shipped for more like 90 days, infact he shipped it three weeks after I had called to tell him 60 days was to long to wait and I am cancelling the charge. After the charges were reversed he went and shipped the order and rebilled my Master Card!. All that time before I cancelled the order he would tell me the order would go out at the end of the week. Jaime Johnson aka Arizona Models, aka Digital Design you are a liar and I wish your business goes down the drain where it should be with such poor service and products.
Old 05-23-2010, 07:35 PM
vertical grimmace
My Feedback: (1)

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

ORIGINAL: rcwarbirdbuilder

Scale only 4 me, Thank you for pointing out to everyone that Jamie's explanations are never complete or true. My order which was to be shipped within 30 days was not shipped for more like 90 days, infact he shipped it three weeks after I had called to tell him 60 days was to long to wait and I am cancelling the charge. After the charges were reversed he went and shipped the order and rebilled my Master Card!. All that time before I cancelled the order he would tell me the order would go out at the end of the week. Jaime Johnson aka Arizona Models, aka Digital Design you are a liar and I wish your business goes down the drain where it should be with such poor service and products.
Wow, thats pretty rough!
Old 05-23-2010, 07:46 PM
rcwarbirdbuilder

Hay- it is not rough in my way of thinking,, when a guy steals $261.00 from me regardless of how he does it, I have no smiles or good words for that guy, the money did not come out of your account,.. This guy had a chance to square up with me on the $261.00 and refused not to.
Old 05-23-2010, 07:46 PM
BobH
My Feedback: (2)

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

I think its not rough enough.. People who lie to their customer base repeatedly and for years don't do a service to anyone except themselves.
Old 05-23-2010, 09:57 PM
JaimeJ

Let me clear up what George Landon's aka rcwarbirdbuilder rant is all about with some actual facts before everyone runs to light their torches and grab their pitchforks.

George ordered an engine cowl for a 1/3 Fokker which we received on Jan 28th. On February the 10th he called in an additional order for 1/3 scale 4 color fabric for the top of a D8. We printed the fabric as per his request and sent it to him. He then called us in March to say the fabric was not what he wanted as it was not wide enough. For those of you who don't know 1/3 scale camouflage fabric has a scale width of a bit over 17 inches and has a pattern that repeats in one direction only. George was quite upset that he did not have enough fabric to wrap around the fuselage and cover the sides. George was emphatic that he wanted the pattern printed to the full width of the material which is 25.5 inches. I explained that doing this at 1/3 scale will leave a line down the center of the print. He did not care and said that was what he wanted.

Normally we do not except returns of printed items however in this case I agreed to replace the material provided he send the original roll back. I also told him during the same call that aluminum cowls were still backordered but I expected them in around the beginning of April. George returned the roll at the end of the month (March). Once it was in hand I had the custom print he requested drawn and set it up to be printed. When the fabric was ready we shipped it and the cowl which had come in by that time.

After shipping his order (twice in the case of the fabric) George decided to cancel his order. He did this by calling his credit card company. He did not bother to let us know, instead he just refused the delivery. I would think common courtesy would dictate letting us know instead of having us go through the exercise of filling an order that is not wanted.

George now claims we "stole" $261 from him. Unfortunately his is a little fuzzy on these facts too. When George called his card company they returned the full amount of both his transactions ($261). Upon notification of the reversal I provided copies of our shipping and order records and they decided to credit 100% of the transaction back to us as his claim was without merit (product never shipped). Furthermore once we received the packages back from the post office I personally refunded his card back for the amount due for the engine cowl. This was done on May the 4th. There will be no credit for the fabric as it was made specifically to his specifications and is unusable for any accurate scale application. If George would like the fabric we will be happy to resend it for what now will be the third time in as many months.

Now is when George goes over the edge. When he received notice that the credit card company would not honor his cancellation he called me and threatened to call the Phoenix police and to go online and ruin my reputation unless I send him money. (FYI this is the legal definition of extortion)
George has also done a cut and paste to the BBB of his earlier post which I will respond to shortly.
I will post the BBB link which will have copies of his two orders, the refund, our companies printing and return policy's as well as the correspondence from the credit card company since I don't expect anyone here to take my word.

Lastly about the tall tail about the guy showing up and flashing me his gun for a refund. I wish I was there, it sounded like an exciting day.
Old 05-24-2010, 04:33 AM
abufletcher

The thing is that one a company's rep is gone, customers come to expect the worst and so it becomes the seller's job to "surprise" the buyer with great service.
Old 05-24-2010, 07:33 AM
rcwarbirdbuilder

Jamie Johnson You are full of B.S and business as usual for you I see,.. which is conning people with your twisted logic of intitlement to operate your business with no regard for the customer.. , You stole $261 period,.. your sent the orders after I cancelled and got a charge back!. I called you and told you 60 days was to long to wait for your order and I am cancelling it, remember??.. I did not accept delivery on the two items you mailedafter that and the post carrier returned them to you, Therefore You owe me $261 you thief!.. Have a good day explaining yourself to your customer base, I am sure people well think about your explainations before jumping in to deal with you, if you were closer you better beleive I well be comming to pay you a visit as well.

ps.Your fuzzy math refund of $95 for a $134 order is not acceptable to me or any one else. ( from total order $261) The roll of fabric I ordered is listed as 25" wide x 7 feet long, when receiving it you only had half of it printed and the rest was blank, that is not what you advertise for sale,( consumerfraud) further when I called you about it you lied when yousaid you would send out the replacement imeadeatly, you did not do that as you stated and it took couple more weeks before you remailed it..and Only reason you remailed it was that you knew you sent a item which was not ordered and you did not want to refund or loose the order!,, lier, lier your pants are on fire, I don't know why anyone would want to do business with a creep like you after reading some of this stuff with your business Jamie Johnson - aka Arizona Models, aka Digital Design LLC.. and what is up with billing the charge on invoice labled Digital Design, is AZM getting a further bad reputation?
Old 05-24-2010, 09:09 AM
scale only 4 me
My Feedback: (158)

Received 51 Likes on 49 Posts

ORIGINAL: JaimeJ

Let me clear up what George Landon's aka rcwarbirdbuilder rant is all about with some actual facts before everyone runs to light their torches and grab their pitchforks.

George ordered an engine cowl for a 1/3 Fokker which we received on Jan 28th. On February the 10th he called in an additional order for 1/3 scale 4 color fabric for the top of a D8. We printed the fabric as per his request and sent it to him. He then called us in March to say the fabric was not what he wanted as it was not wide enough. For those of you who don't know 1/3 scale camouflage fabric has a scale width of a bit over 17 inches and has a pattern that repeats in one direction only. George was quite upset that he did not have enough fabric to wrap around the fuselage and cover the sides. George was emphatic that he wanted the pattern printed to the full width of the material which is 25.5 inches. I explained that doing this at 1/3 scale will leave a line down the center of the print. He did not care and said that was what he wanted.

How should anyone know that?
Maybe, Just maybe you should add that little piece of info to your website,, it just says this

The rolls come printed at 25 inches wide with the pattern orientated to your specifications. Custom layouts specific to your model type are available.
Based on rcwarbirdbuilder displeasure, I'm betting he didn't ask for it to be limited to 17" wide
Old 05-24-2010, 09:32 AM
Deadeye

This thread is about two seconds away from being locked, you guys. Let's keep it civil.
Old 05-24-2010, 10:10 AM
JaimeJ

To Scale only 4 me,
Because camoflage orders cannot be placed online I speak to everyone that makes an order directly. We made (the first time around) specifically what George requested which was the top covering for a D8. We also provide layouts of the prints via email if there are any questions. If someone does not know what they are doing and asks for top covering when they actually want to cover the top and both sides that is just not my fault. I already went and took the first batch back and resent him a non scale print made especially to his needs. During my last phone call with him (prior to his attempt at extortion) he never said anything about cancelling his order. If he had I would have been happy to do a full refund. As it was he never cancled with us and is now whining and threatining because he screwed up.

I am sorry about how this worked out but if George has is panties in a wad it is his own fault. I did what I was asked to do and then went and fixed his error and did it again. Now I am called names and threatened. If he was telling the truth the credit card company would have done something different as they typically tilt to the buyer's favor and I expect the BBB will do exactly the same thing.
Old 05-24-2010, 10:14 AM
SteelersRule!

It's a shame that Arizona Modelshas apparently left so many modelers high and dry. No one sending hard earned money for products only to be disappointed, and not getting honest answersetc, should have to deal with this. 8 years of incredibly bad customer service and apparent failure to deliver thegoods in a timely manner if at all,and complaints is enough.

This thread should be ended with the caveat"If you feel compelled to buy from Arizona Models.....probably not a good idea, but if you do buy at your own risk".

I don't think that there is anything more to say about them.

. There was a model that I wanted from them, but thank goodness, I checked on RCU for info first.

The page after page of awful experiences turned me away.I got heartburn reading about the modelers who have lost money or been sent incomplete kits or just plainbad materials.

If you don't heed the 8 years of truly negative reports from many modelers on RCU, then shame on you.

There are too many good reputable companies that will sell you an excellent product and followup with greatcustomer service as well...............WOW, what a concept!!

Don't rely on the BBB to do anything, use your wallets and your due dilegence for any on-line purchase.

I'm all for setting up a post for the"bad apples" in our modeling world. I think I know who is #1 with a bullet.................and a Hall of Shamer
Old 07-06-2015, 04:25 AM
Pull Up Now!
My Feedback: (3)

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

The last post on here is 2010, and here it is 5 years later with no updates. So, given the fact everyone can have an epiphany and mend their ways, I thought to give Arizona Models a try on a Fokker Dr1 cowl. One reason is no one else makes an aluminum cowl for a Balsa USA Fokker Triplane that I know of. I ordered June 12. Let's wait to see if Jaime comes through. Here's a good opportunity for him to create some recent good feedback.
Old 07-06-2015, 04:31 AM
JohnF

Don't know why you would not have contacted GTM. Glenn might have one even though they may not be on his web site. Oh well, you could always make your own from an Aluminum pot.
Old 07-06-2015, 04:45 AM
Pull Up Now!
My Feedback: (3)

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

John, I had no idea who or what GTM is. But I Googled it and came up with Glenn Torrance Models. There is too much reliance on acronyms. When I first got this bird at an auction and started looking for an aluminum cowl, I read that GTM USED to make one, but hasn't for some time. Thus, I never contacted Glenn. But, you never know, so I just sent him an email. We'll see what happens. Before I spend hours in the Dollar Store looking for a 10.5" alum pot with the right front radius, I'll try the fiberglass one from FS. Fiberglass Specialties

I forgot to add that I don't understand why Balsa USA doesn't make an upgrade cowl for their Triplane.