RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Scale Aircraft (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-scale-aircraft-169/)
-   -   Which color scheme would you go with? (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-scale-aircraft-169/11348602-color-scheme-would-you-go.html)

acerc 12-29-2012 12:23 PM

Which color scheme would you go with?

I can not use my first choice and kind of lost my zest for a new scheme. So I am letting my fellow modellers decide for me.

foodstick 12-29-2012 12:33 PM

RE: Which color scheme would you go with?

If you do the Marlboro theme you won't have to worry about it coming out as a ARF any time soon !

kwblake 12-29-2012 01:33 PM

Hey ace. I did vote, but I am kind of curious as to what your first choice was???

TFF 12-29-2012 01:38 PM

I like Pitts to look like Pitts so the yellow one wins.

WacoNut 12-29-2012 02:01 PM

I went with the Blue and Silver, still has the classic Pitts scheme. Too many Red and Yellow Pitts out there.
Anthony

acerc 12-29-2012 02:02 PM

This photo below was my first choice but after flying a friends black cub I know I can not see black. We even put some yellow stripes on it and still no go.

Melchizedek 12-29-2012 02:28 PM

Ace,

I hate smoking. Uterly cant stand it.

There is only one thing I hate more.

That is POLITICAL CORRECTISM.

On top of that, that Marlboro plane is cool looking and Red and White is stunning.

Be Brave and go against the grain.

My 2 cents.

Kevin

vertical grimmace 12-29-2012 02:32 PM

Not sure PC would be the issue with an ARF not having that scheme. Possibly copyright more than anything else.

Black is really hard to see. I can understand the concern. You know what is worse? Chrome!

acerc 12-29-2012 02:55 PM

Sorry Kevin but it would not be going against the grain for me. You see I smoke and love it and I smoke Marlboro. It would be ironic would it not.

WacoNut 12-29-2012 03:09 PM

Smoked Marloboro for at least 30yrs. Just started making my own cigs about 2 months ago. $1.20 a pack vs $6 a pack. I still love Marlboro though:D

kwblake 12-29-2012 04:53 PM

Hey ace. I can understand why that would be your first choice. Sure looks good on the ground. I am equally certain, it would look good on a flyby. Maybe not for the RC pilot, though. I am sure, whatever you choose, will look good. http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/js/f...n/confused.gif Decisions, decisions, decisions.

dasquirrelisme 12-29-2012 05:47 PM

1 Attachment(s)
It's a Pitts. No matter what scheme you go with its going to be sweet.

Here is one of my favorites though.

CARDFAN 12-29-2012 05:49 PM

Voted for Black and Yellow but my favorite for visibility is dark blue and yellow with some red for trim. Take a look at the YAK 54 from Seagull. While I have other schemes that look better I have never lost, it or it's orientation, in the sky. Thinking about it, I believe these colors are called the Primary Colors. Since then I have done other planes in these colors with different patterns and they all look reasonably good on the ground and in the air with unmatched vision in the air.

Walt Thyng 12-29-2012 07:27 PM

I go for unusual color schemes, so I'm in for the Marlboro, but the graphics on 86 might be easier.
Walt

ARUP 12-29-2012 07:29 PM

I like the good old traditional red and white. Blue and white is nice lookin', too!

thepamster 12-29-2012 08:04 PM

Robert I was torn on this one with the three schemes you chose. I like the blue and silver one but for visability reasons I chose Yellow and Black. I have visually lost blue and white planes before, though typically a glider way high up. I too smoke Marlboro but not a fan of big Writing on planes and I also think you would be bigtime ridiculed by former smoker/anti-smoker snobs and quite possibly the Parent Teachers Association.

Cub Flyer Fresno 12-29-2012 10:50 PM

There's always somebody protesting something!!!

Well, I voted for the Yellow & Black before I voted for Marlboro...  Gosh that sounds kinda familiar...  Anyway, that would be my second choice, the Marlboro that is.  It would be a great plane for show smoke!  But still my first choice is the Yellow & Black.

TomCrump 12-30-2012 04:43 AM

I like the Yellow/Black, and voted for it, but................... since you smoke, maybe the Marlboro scheme would be a cool choice.

My problem, is that I have trouble seeing red, on cloudy days. For me, it turns black. The yellow/black scheme may have the highest visabilty in various light conditions.

gene6029 12-30-2012 05:25 AM

I voted for the Blue & silver w red trim, but if you cant see & fly the black one, better go with one of the others....Gene

mrdhud 12-30-2012 05:56 AM

Decisions decisions what to do. Well you know me I’m a yellow kind of guy so I would go with the yellow but knowing you like I do I think maybe the Marlboro would better fit your personality and I don’t mean that in a bad way.

pmerritt 12-30-2012 06:08 AM

Do it in the Marlboro. That way you both know you have an early expiration date.

TomCrump 12-30-2012 06:10 AM

You could add smoke to the Marlboro version. :D

dasquirrelisme 12-30-2012 06:23 AM

1 Attachment(s)
a few more pics.

acerc 12-30-2012 06:27 AM

For those so impartial to the Marlboro theme I guess it would be ok if it was a Budweiser. How about lets keep the  personnal, politically, society imposed, biased opinion's off the thread. Keep it about the planes.

Thank you!

rgburrill 12-30-2012 06:37 AM

Behind that yellow one is a very observable neon green and black. It's not a Pitts but so what?

pmerritt 12-30-2012 07:00 AM

Truthfully, (sorry to be insertive regarding my opinion), everyone has a yellow plane! The Marlboro will be a little harder to see with background clouds/certain sky conditions but that Logo has been historical for decades. One still sees it at the high dollar rodeos.
I agree with foodstick. You'll have the only one out there like it. AND, you might even send some pics to (I guess it's still Reynolds Tobacco?) and get some $ sponsorship? Might be worth a try? How great would it be if they sent you a check for materials/labor?

hrrcflyer 12-30-2012 07:04 AM

Hey Ace,

What happened to the Ford scheme?.........................LOL :D Anyway, I really like the blue and silver one too, but I'd be concerned about the plane turning black in the sky on cloudy days, so I voted for the yellow with black trim.

David

acerc 12-30-2012 07:05 AM

Thank you kindly pmerritt and that would be hilarious, the sponsorship thing.. But I'm not like that. Besides I left it up to the modellers and it currently look's like the yellow is winning. Of course I could always change my mind, but doubtfull. I'm a man of my word.

pmerritt 12-30-2012 07:17 AM

LOL... I see you're a Cubber. You guys dream in yellow.....My white plane suggestion doesn't have a chance [&o]

acerc 12-30-2012 07:50 AM

David the Ford scheme is an S2 and I need documentation of what I build which is an S1.
PMerritt not relly a fan of any color in particular. I look for what tickles my eye on that particular model. Quite frankly the yellow reminds me too much of a Cub.
And if youwould go to my gallery you will seeeverything I currently have has some form of red on it. That's my problem with the red and white.
And for the blue and silver, I am not sure how well it would be visibly enjoyable in the blue sky.
The black and yellow was by far my favorite!

Stan7476 12-30-2012 07:56 AM

I voted for the yellow of the three offered.  My only comment would be that at first glance it might not look like a Pitts.  I liked the blue, but I would be concerned about its visibility.  Whatever you do I know it will be great.

Stan

OliverJacob 12-30-2012 08:28 AM

I like the black and yellow one the most (the one you can't vote for).
Blue and silver looks great too and be my second choice.
Then the yellow one and then the red. I'd probably replace the 'Marlboro' with a 'Coca Cola' scheme if I go with that one

warbird addict 12-30-2012 08:51 AM

I'm thinking of doing one of my Bipes "probably the Ultimate" in a black and yellow/Gold, 50's 60's classic Miller High Life scheme with the girl sitting on the crescent moon etc something different plus I like Miller High Life beer !

TFF 12-30-2012 09:34 AM

I still like the yellow but you could square the wingtips and tail with the Raven wings and go with this http://vimeo.com/54190124 Most of the square tips have wilder paint jobs than the round which are usually classic. S1Cs have crazy paint mostly because the planes are so cheap to buy, owners dont feel like they are killing the value like you would with a S1S.

FNG RIDER 12-30-2012 10:05 AM

I prefer a complete Ferrari red color. But since that is not in the option, I would chose the red and white with Marboro Livery.

Rate1 12-30-2012 10:51 AM

Marlboro, just because it's so eighties and that fits the Pits. Also that scheme will def. stand out anywhere.

RCHS1 12-30-2012 01:56 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Hinckley Bill 12-30-2012 02:15 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I know this isn't a Pitts S1, the plane you're building and need to document, but I especially like the Pitts Challenger II scheme ..... very, very visible and interesting from a 'real world' perspective

It's an older ISC airframe that I picked up a while back and will be reinvigorating this season.

Hinckley Bill 12-30-2012 02:44 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Another scale S2B scheme that should show up well....

Hinckley Bill 12-30-2012 02:55 PM

1 Attachment(s)
How about this one I found.....