RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Scale Aircraft (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-scale-aircraft-169/)
-   -   Be aware ordering from rc xtreme hobbies Indonesia (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-scale-aircraft-169/11663373-aware-ordering-rc-xtreme-hobbies-indonesia.html)

psookdee 04-12-2019 03:00 PM

Be aware ordering from rc xtreme hobbies Indonesia

Hi guys
I m here just to warn you all about ordering rc goods from "rcxtremehobbies.com" I placed my order of a top flite Cessna 128 arf for 285usd. They don't answer my emails at all after I transferred the full amount of money. Anybody had any bad experience with them please feel free to share. I'm more than happy to discuss with you guys all day long

Thanks
Patrick Sookdeehttps://cimg5.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.rcu...1b492edf96.jpg

Jackthesailor2018 06-08-2019 07:58 PM

Any update?

Any update about your problem with them? Found a good price on an item, just checking to see if you have update.

psookdee 06-09-2019 10:03 AM

Re. Rc xtreme hobbies indonesia

Still got nothing else from them, no move no reply email at all. They started not replying right after I completed my wire transfer transaction. Was thinking of getting some friends over there go to their shop and get a refund. I think just not thinking about placing any order from them might be the best idea They are wasted, intended corruption or getting bankrupt from my point of view.

Thanks

Patrawit Sookdee

Jackthesailor2018 06-10-2019 07:51 PM

Thanks for your reply ... and your warning!

I contacted them with questions twice and no answer yet. They don't have a payment system on their website and send you info on e-mail for the payment. Weird? Was that how it worked for you?

Jacques

psookdee 06-11-2019 05:37 AM

Re. Rc xtreme hobbies indonesia

Originally Posted by Jackthesailor2018 (Post 12530529)
Thanks for your reply ... and your warning!

I contacted them with questions twice and no answer yet. They don't have a payment system on their website and send you info on e-mail for the payment. Weird? Was that how it worked for you?

Jacques

Hi Jacques
yes they only have The Wired transfer as the only option after you place the order. I asked my friend and they all said that if you wire transfer the money like this it will be the only way that the shop can cheated on you because it is really difficult to cancel all non possible at all to cancel the transactions. But if you pay using PayPal credit card you can cancel the order and report the bank that you have been cheated and they will cancel the transaction for you. That is the only thing that I haven't been aware off before I transfer the money As the the price was a really cheap so I rushed in and paid. So If you want to order from them Please Ask for the Credit card transaction or else but from my opinion I don't think you should order from them at all.
regards,
Pat

Jackthesailor2018 06-24-2019 08:54 AM

Confirming that you should all stay away from them. After 2 weeks of e-mails and messages asking what the procedure was for payment (I just wanted to see if there was someone out there) , still no answer!

If there is no-one to answer "how do I send you money" how could there be any help or after the purchase support?

The probably exist as I found the store on Google Street View, but their service is horrible ... or it's all a scam!

Stay away from them.

* Thanks to Pat for warning us!!!

invertmast 06-29-2019 12:07 PM

Rule1- never wire transfer money for anything on the internet. There’s no recourse for getting your money back when you get scammed, there’s no “if” about it.

Rule #2- see rule #1

Rule #3- see rule #2

Rule #4- see rule #3

Rule #5- see rule #4

see how this is going?

psookdee 06-29-2019 03:30 PM

the 5 rules

Originally Posted by invertmast (Post 12534448)
Rule1- never wire transfer money for anything on the internet. There’s no recourse for getting your money back when you get scammed, there’s no “if” about it.

Rule #2- see rule #1

Rule #3- see rule #2

Rule #4- see rule #3

Rule #5- see rule #4

see how this is going?

Dear Invertmast
Thanks for all 5 Rules, will keep that in mind. :)

Frank RKS 10-09-2019 06:50 PM

Wish I'd seen this post a couple of weeks back.
I ordered an ARF and they seemed all very helpful until I did the international transfer.
Now they won't answer emails at all. Guess I've done my money.

Aureliano M L Filho 01-16-2020 08:55 PM

I bought two kits from the multiplex mentor the price was great the same story I wanted to pay by card or PayPal and he said it had to be through bank deposit was made a deposit of $ 193.00 from then no more answered my e email i'm sending a statement to the embassy of indonesia telling what happened and asking them to make sure they don't keep doing more with other people of good faith

KG_KG_69 02-10-2020 02:31 PM

Rcxtremehobbies.com

These crackheads got me too. 307.50 Lesson learned never wiring to 3rd world crack head countries.

The good news is they are shut down their website is no longer working.

BJR981S 02-29-2020 04:11 AM

Originally Posted by KG_KG_69 (Post 12582304)
These crackheads got me too. 307.50 Lesson learned never wiring to 3rd world crack head countries.

The good news is they are shut down their website is no longer working.

Steady, Australia where they were based (Queensland) is not a 3rd world country. They went broke. You could see the writing on the wall when they started selling off all their stock and display aircraft, saying that they were moving to other premises.

Chad, continued to take orders, knowing that he was never going to honour them. This is Fraud.

I had 6 models on order with him, all of them paid for by credit card. (Approx 3K AU) I had a long email conversation with him about refunding my money but they kept differing till 6 months had passed. This is the time limit for Credit card issue reporting.

Fortunately I have a Personal Banker service with my bank and she followed up for me, outside of guidelines. It took 12 Months from date of purchase to be fully refunded. So it is possible.

For those of you that have been cheated by Chad, he is in breach of Australian Consumer law. He can be tracked down by checking his ABN (Australian Business Number) and contacting Australian Consumer Affairs.

Good luck to those that try.

His presence is still up on Facebook so that is another avenue to pursue.

Cheers