RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Scale Aircraft (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-scale-aircraft-169/)
-   -   New: Beech Baron and Duchess arf (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-scale-aircraft-169/8329060-new-beech-baron-duchess-arf.html)

loukos 01-07-2009 09:35 AM

New: Beech Baron and Duchess arf

Guys anyone know anything about this cool new website?

www.scaleflying.com

Not much info on these kits though, i.e size, what is included in the kit etc.

Any details welcome

teamscalepilot 01-07-2009 10:55 AM

RE: New: Beech Baron and Duchess arf

Your right there is no info on the wing span or motor size.

Walt Thyng 01-07-2009 11:05 AM

Looks like a new r/c importer. Those sure don't look like boxes of model stuff in the wharehouse! Site says the Baron kit is "coming soon"; that may explain why no data.
Walt

TexasAirBoss 01-07-2009 02:42 PM

Looks pretty cool. I put that site in my favorites list so I can keep an eye on it. The other bird is a King Air. The site looks remarkable. And I take that as a good sign. If the products are produced as professionally as the site, they would be awesome .

abufletcher 01-07-2009 05:56 PM

This is some information on their "alter ego" company:

Trade Associates Inc.

Private Company, Headquarters Location
6324 S 199th Pl., Kent, WA 98032, United States
(800)537-5455, (253)854-0090, (253)852-6452 fax, http://www.mark1airforce.com
Primary SIC: Machine Tools, Metal Cutting Types, Primary NAICS: Machine Tool (Metal Cutting Types) Manufacturing
Description: Manufacturing: Machine Tools, Metal Cutting Types

TFF 01-07-2009 06:13 PM

Gee it looks like the real airplane![&:]

bassfisher 01-08-2009 11:39 AM

I totally agree with TFF. After looking at the pictures on the site, they look just like Beechcraft promo photos, not pictures of the models- espeically the interior photos of hte Baron (something about the leather seats). I'd have to see photos of the models before I'd order one.

FlyerInOKC 01-10-2009 07:38 PM

Bassfisher I totally agree with you and TFF, the items on the tray next to the seat were big a givaway. Did you look at the radios they were offering? They were also showing "coming soon". the price was $159.00 for a 7 channel 2.4 GHZ, but no mention of receiver or any other flight pack components being available or the pricing. Radio prices seem a little too cheap. I wonder if we have a hobbist looking to get into the import business and setup a website based on a fast taling far east manufacturer's pitch at a trade show on his promises about what he had going into production? I would like to know if the website owner has actually seen production pieces?

F82FAN 01-14-2009 10:46 PM

Anyone wanna bet that this is a small-ish (72" range) electric sized ARF?
With all of those details - and scale gear, too? Like they say "If it seems too good to be true......"
If KMP is getting almost $1,000 for a decent sized glass ARF with gear, how can these folks put it out at $600?
Promises, promises...
all that to say: If it's over 90" I'm in!
Barons are just sweet birds.

Thrushdust 01-14-2009 11:10 PM

Might want to check over on the helicopter forums and see if anybody's buying or using their fuselages, they say "usually ship in 1-2 days". Prices for the Heli fuselages look more in-line with others too, the proposed airplanes must be pretty small.

F82FAN 01-15-2009 09:17 PM

:DWell, let me be the first to "tell you so"! Seems like a great group that wants to build some nice birds.:D
Straight from the horses mouth today via reply to my e-mail:

Specs:
70" wingspan
Detailed panel lines and rivets molded into fuselage.
Gas = .46 glow
Elect. = equivelant to glow
Full interior cockpit
Working Doors and Access Pannels
Fiberglass Fuselage painted and clear coated
Scale control surfaces. Flaps will deploy just as the real airplane does.
No visible control hinges and control rods.
Scale landing gear with working struts
Option for retracts
Pre wired led scale lighting
Balsa Covered Wing with optional composite wing available.

I will post pictures of the product before it is available so people can
see the detail and quality. Videos along with the set ups will also be
posted on the web site late Feb.

loukos 01-16-2009 01:35 AM

MMmmm 70"... rather small by today's standards, should have been at least top flite cessna 310 size for the price.
Oh well we will be waiting for photos of the model, I think everyone is expecting something trully spectacular in terms of realism and quality for the price.

Yak18 01-21-2009 11:48 AM

I'm always leary when they show pictures of the full size airplane instead of the actual model. Prices seem realistic...can't really compare it to KMP because KMP's prices seem high for a Chinese ARF. JMO!

Scale Flying 01-21-2009 11:36 PM

Hello,

Let me fill you guys in on my story. Some of your comments are correct and some are not. I am the owner of that " alter ego " company in Kent, WA. My back ground is product development and importing. I design a lot of our products such as some air tools, spray guns, and sanding blocks. The automotive refinishing market has always been good to me and I have done well in bringing new and affordable products to market. My customers require good quality, but they need to be affordable. These are customers such as MAC tools, snap on Matco etc... My passion however has always been in the RC industry. I am fortunate to be able to afford a lot of the high end scale toys. Of course all this high end stuff cost lots of $$. I don't know many people in the RC industry but know what I like and seems that its very expensive. I see a lot of my friends and family just don't have the funds to keep up with me. Within the past year, I noticed our business slowing down and to be honest, I just did not expect this or prepare for this. I felt it was time for a change, and I always wanted to do this and make money at the same time. Because of my contacts overseas, I decided to try and put a game plan together. My goal was to try and offer great scale rc products to people that normally could not afford to spend thousands. My baby is the beechcraft project. I obtained a lic. agreement from Beechcraft/Ratheyon, and have spent a lot of time designing the absolute best scale airplane I can. I want to make this product available for not just the scale junkies out there but for the average guy that normally cant afford a beautiful scale airplane. So without getting into a long story about how I actually got started, that's pretty much it. I think that the suggested price of $500 is enough to cover my tooling and investments and keep me going. Thank you all for reading my post.

Scale Flying 01-21-2009 11:44 PM

Production model is actually 73" for the baron G58. It was determined that from a sales standpoint, more could be sold that way. My plan is to offer a larger version if it really goes well.
The king air is going to be around 85"
Sorry if the web site is a bit limited on info. When the time is right, I will start to post production pictures and video. I don't want to get everyone hyped up, but I can't help it,, I am!

Thanks

kingair41 01-22-2009 09:28 AM

Thanks for the update. I know alot of modelers out there that would jump on the wagon for at least one if not both of your offerings, myself included. I wish you alot of luck in your bid to bring these sought after civilian models to life.

Kingair41

RodanAZ 01-22-2009 10:04 AM

Definitely interested in these, and will likely be buying some heli stuff from you as well.

sj3cub 01-31-2009 06:05 PM

Scale Flying, Is this really going to happen? I'll definately take a Baron, and I'm sure that they will sell very well. I was kind of suprised to see that you could actually order one now. Are there any pictures of the actual model yet?

RodanAZ 01-31-2009 06:10 PM

If I can make a suggestion: make your fuses available unpainted! It saves a lot of work for those of us that are looking to replicate an actual aircraft, or want an original color scheme.

Scale Flying 02-13-2009 09:03 PM

Its not need to pre order.... I put that up as just a suggested price so people have an idea what the price will be. As far as paint goes, I have 3 options. We custom paint here, or they will come painted, just as in the picture with the black/tan/white, and I will also have white gelcoat for people who wish to paint them self. The white gelcoat will be available at a reduced price. The baron 58 will take its first pre production flight next month. From there, if there are no changes, production will happen very soon.

Baron b58 02-14-2009 03:46 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Hallo Scale Flying!

I am vey excited and looking forward to seeing the Baron model. Just a few suggestions ; make it the older B58 model , virtually nobody knows what a G58 is. The G58 is very expensive so there is very few of them around. Also most people would want the model to be quite a bit bigger; I would probably will still take one just because it is a Baron. Also have you considered the E55 ?; they have six forward facing seats and no big doors at the back. This one would probably be easier to model and is the sexiest lookig Baron of them all. Included a picture of one of the Barons I am flying at the moment; a thing of beauty isn`t she?.

Regards
Roelof

sj3cub 02-14-2009 03:13 PM

Scale Flying, I sure hope that this comes to life for you. There are a bunch of modelers that crave civilian airframes (myself included) and I am sure you will not have any problem selling them as long as the scale lines, quality, and flyability are present. I'm sure you have already, but take a look at the Top-Flite Cessna 310. If you can meet those standards, then I don't think you will have many problems as the 310 is a very nice looking and flying civilian airframe. The white gelcoat is a great idea as many people prefer to paint in a scale scheme of their likeing. Any possibilty of showing any photos of the prototype?

Kaltag 03-28-2009 09:49 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Baron 58 prototype is well under way. Two models will be displayed at SEFF. I will post pictures on our site within a few weeks. I will also get them on here as well. As far as video goes, that will probably be toward the end of April, right before the show. Im big into FPV so I can get some nice inside shots while flying along with a chase plane. I do have the TF 310. Converted to elect. All I can say is,, wait till you see the B58. Here are a few CAD files from the model.

sj3cub 03-28-2009 09:58 PM

Wow, Two models displayed at SEFF, that sounds great. I assume they will be electric powered? Do you have any plans to attend the Joe Nall flyin this year? I myself can not wait to see these babys. :):)
Regards,
Scott

Kaltag 03-28-2009 10:05 PM

Sorry, Joe Nall I wont be able to make it there. I will be working on the King Air after SEFF. The king air is going to be a larger aircraft for all you guys that want a larger twin. Im planning 85" +
thanks for all the support.