Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > RC Scale Boating
Reload this Page >

ChrisCraft "Cobra"

Community
Search
Notices
RC Scale Boating Enjoy rc scale boating? Talk about it here.

ChrisCraft "Cobra"

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2010, 05:28 PM
Speedy-Gonzales
My Feedback: (202)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default ChrisCraft "Cobra"

"Father & Son"
I went out to visit my parents today and my father, who is now 79, said he had something he wanted me to have. Take a look at what it was. I knew what it was when he took it out of it's hiding place for the last 55 years. It has a cradle and a snap-on hand made canvas cover with carrying straps. I almost came to tears when I got it home and uncovered it. An all wood hand made ChrisCraft "Cobra" and after going over it with a slightly damp cloth this is what it looks like after 55 years!
The size is 46" long with a 16" beam width. The hull is in perfect shape and is the original fiberglassed hull and finish. It was originally powered with a inboard water cooled Johnson 35. I am speechless at this point but have to share it with you all. I will need to re-fit it with another engine and am open to suggestions. I believe another nitro inboard of .45-.60 size will be in order. A gasoline engine will not fit under the rear hatch. I do not want to alter the original look of the boat in any way and this boat is for scale appearance and not meant to be a hot rod.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Us52651.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	95.5 KB
ID:	1510483   Click image for larger version

Name:	Lg16538.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	92.5 KB
ID:	1510484   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ek15046.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	113.6 KB
ID:	1510485  
Old 10-05-2010, 09:36 AM
Rich404

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: ChrisCraft

Hi Speedy,

That is a beautiful boat!

Why not go electric ? Electric motors will power that boat nicely and you don't have to worry about gas spilling onto that great model.

Regards,

-Rich.