Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ROBBE MAGIN ONE

hello guys!

i have this motor but i don't know how to connect it in my rc handmade boat...
    i mean that i don't know what type of battery-esc i have to use and how....

thank you very much!!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: ROBBE MAGIN ONE

ROBBE MAGIN ONE ,never heard of that hull more imfo please. size ,weight. length.
    Stoney Pond Model Boat Club, Canandaigua, NY
    International racer
    http://neilsrcsite.shutterfly.com/

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: advanced builder

ROBBE MAGIN ONE ,never heard of that hull more imfo please. size ,weight. length.
    its not a hull.... it is a motor.... make: robbe model: magin one

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Still need to know information about the boat you are trying to install the motor into? Also, a little bit more about the motor; physical dimensions of the motor can, ie length of the can and diameter (without the motor shaft), the diameter of the motor shaft, the length of the motor shaft, etc. Pictures would be VERY helpful, especially of any labels on the motor.

Bob

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: rblubaugh

Still need to know information about the boat you are trying to install the motor into? Also, a little bit more about the motor; physical dimensions of the motor can, ie length of the can and diameter (without the motor shaft), the diameter of the motor shaft, the length of the motor shaft, etc. Pictures would be VERY helpful, especially of any labels on the motor.

Bob
    ive allready install it on the boat.... the boat is an fiberglass elco 80 is the one on the photos...
    the only thins i know about the motor is in the picture....

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	hf98750.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	1.81 MB 
ID:	1584347   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	qo40851.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	442.5 KB 
ID:	1584348   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ni22619.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	314.7 KB 
ID:	1584349   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	kp34225.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	319.0 KB 
ID:	1584350   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	lf94411.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	335.4 KB 
ID:	1584351  

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Whitedeath,

I did a lot of checking around for you and could not find anything "specific" however the motor "appears" to be a '550' size motor and it looks to be fan cooled from the picture. It is a "brushed" motor vs a brushless motor. Take a look at "http://www.westbourne-model.co.uk/model-boat-electronic-speed-controllers-1728-0.html" for an ESC to run your motor, possibly, but not definitely, the "Jp Marine Brushed ESC 50amp with Reverse". You also want to put capacitors on your motor UNLESS you are running 2.4 GHz, then you don't need them. If you do need them solder one 10uf between each motor pole to the case and one between the two motor poles. You also need to add fuse(s) to protect both the battery and the ESC.

Bob

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Looked a bit on the net, it would appear from your pictures that you have at least the motor from a "Magin One 1175 Power Set". Which contains the Power 710/12 electric motor. Is the motor you have exactly like what is pictured below?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Rp44169.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	179.5 KB 
ID:	1584570  
    John KaBang

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Whitedeath,

I did a lot of checking around for you and could not find anything "specific" however the motor "appears" to be a '550' size motor and it looks to be fan cooled from the picture. It is a "brushed" motor vs a brushless motor. Take a look at "http://www.westbourne-model.co.uk/model-boat-electronic-speed-controllers-1728-0.html" for an ESC to run your motor, possibly, but not definitely, the "Jp Marine Brushed ESC 50amp with Reverse". You also want to put capacitors on your motor UNLESS you are running 2.4 GHz, then you don't need them. If you do need them solder one 10uf between each motor pole to the case and one between the two motor poles. You also need to add fuse(s) to protect both the battery and the ESC.

Bob
    what do you mean when you say '' You also want to put capacitors on your motor UNLESS you are running 2.4 GHz, then you don't need them.'' the trasmmiter?

ORIGINAL: Apismelifera

Looked a bit on the net, it would appear from your pictures that you have at least the motor from a "Magin One 1175 Power Set". Which contains the Power 710/12 electric motor. Is the motor you have exactly like what is pictured below?
    no.... it wasn't like this one on the foto.... mine didn't had any stickers on it....

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

If you are running a 2.4GHz radio system you do not need the capacitors. Sorry for the confusion.

Bob

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

If you are running a 2.4GHz radio system you do not need the capacitors. Sorry for the confusion.

Bob
    aa, i understand now.... thank you very much bob!!