Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > RC Scale Boating
Reload this Page >

ROBBE MAGIN ONE

Community
Search
Notices
RC Scale Boating Enjoy rc scale boating? Talk about it here.

ROBBE MAGIN ONE

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2011, 05:58 AM
whitedeath

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ROBBE MAGIN ONE

hello guys!

i have this motor but i don't know how to connect it in my rc handmade boat...
i mean that i don't know what type of battery-esc i have to use and how....

thank you very much!!
Old 03-26-2011, 06:18 AM
advanced builder

Default RE: ROBBE MAGIN ONE

ROBBE MAGIN ONE ,never heard of that hull more imfo please. size ,weight. length.
Old 03-26-2011, 06:42 AM
whitedeath

ORIGINAL: advanced builder

ROBBE MAGIN ONE ,never heard of that hull more imfo please. size ,weight. length.
its not a hull.... it is a motor.... make: robbe model: magin one

Old 03-26-2011, 09:03 AM
rblubaugh
My Feedback: (5)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Still need to know information about the boat you are trying to install the motor into? Also, a little bit more about the motor; physical dimensions of the motor can, ie length of the can and diameter (without the motor shaft), the diameter of the motor shaft, the length of the motor shaft, etc. Pictures would be VERY helpful, especially of any labels on the motor.

Bob
Old 03-26-2011, 09:22 AM
whitedeath

ORIGINAL: rblubaugh

Still need to know information about the boat you are trying to install the motor into? Also, a little bit more about the motor; physical dimensions of the motor can, ie length of the can and diameter (without the motor shaft), the diameter of the motor shaft, the length of the motor shaft, etc. Pictures would be VERY helpful, especially of any labels on the motor.

Bob
ive allready install it on the boat.... the boat is an fiberglass elco 80 is the one on the photos...
the only thins i know about the motor is in the picture....

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	hf98750.jpg
Views:	111
Size:	1.81 MB
ID:	1584347   Click image for larger version

Name:	qo40851.jpg
Views:	136
Size:	442.5 KB
ID:	1584348   Click image for larger version

Name:	ni22619.jpg
Views:	106
Size:	314.7 KB
ID:	1584349   Click image for larger version

Name:	kp34225.jpg
Views:	136
Size:	319.0 KB
ID:	1584350   Click image for larger version

Name:	lf94411.jpg
Views:	193
Size:	335.4 KB
ID:	1584351  
Old 03-26-2011, 04:55 PM
rblubaugh

Whitedeath,

I did a lot of checking around for you and could not find anything "specific" however the motor "appears" to be a '550' size motor and it looks to be fan cooled from the picture. It is a "brushed" motor vs a brushless motor. Take a look at "http://www.westbourne-model.co.uk/model-boat-electronic-speed-controllers-1728-0.html" for an ESC to run your motor, possibly, but not definitely, the "Jp Marine Brushed ESC 50amp with Reverse". You also want to put capacitors on your motor UNLESS you are running 2.4 GHz, then you don't need them. If you do need them solder one 10uf between each motor pole to the case and one between the two motor poles. You also need to add fuse(s) to protect both the battery and the ESC.

Bob
Old 03-26-2011, 05:44 PM
Apismelifera

Looked a bit on the net, it would appear from your pictures that you have at least the motor from a "Magin One 1175 Power Set". Which contains the Power 710/12 electric motor. Is the motor you have exactly like what is pictured below?
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Rp44169.jpg
Views:	176
Size:	179.5 KB
ID:	1584570  
Old 03-29-2011, 01:20 AM
whitedeath

Whitedeath,

I did a lot of checking around for you and could not find anything "specific" however the motor "appears" to be a '550' size motor and it looks to be fan cooled from the picture. It is a "brushed" motor vs a brushless motor. Take a look at "http://www.westbourne-model.co.uk/model-boat-electronic-speed-controllers-1728-0.html" for an ESC to run your motor, possibly, but not definitely, the "Jp Marine Brushed ESC 50amp with Reverse". You also want to put capacitors on your motor UNLESS you are running 2.4 GHz, then you don't need them. If you do need them solder one 10uf between each motor pole to the case and one between the two motor poles. You also need to add fuse(s) to protect both the battery and the ESC.

Bob
what do you mean when you say '' You also want to put capacitors on your motor UNLESS you are running 2.4 GHz, then you don't need them.'' the trasmmiter?

ORIGINAL: Apismelifera

Looked a bit on the net, it would appear from your pictures that you have at least the motor from a "Magin One 1175 Power Set". Which contains the Power 710/12 electric motor. Is the motor you have exactly like what is pictured below?
no.... it wasn't like this one on the foto.... mine didn't had any stickers on it....

Old 03-29-2011, 06:56 AM
rblubaugh

If you are running a 2.4GHz radio system you do not need the capacitors. Sorry for the confusion.

Bob
Old 03-29-2011, 07:02 AM
whitedeath

If you are running a 2.4GHz radio system you do not need the capacitors. Sorry for the confusion.

Bob
aa, i understand now.... thank you very much bob!!