Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > RC Scale Boating
Reload this Page >

Midwest Tour Master using Dumas 6 Volt Brushed Motor

Notices
RC Scale Boating Enjoy rc scale boating? Talk about it here.

Midwest Tour Master using Dumas 6 Volt Brushed Motor

Old 11-04-2012, 12:58 AM
guapoman2000

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Midwest Tour Master using Dumas 6 Volt Brushed Motor

Hi Guys!

After joining my friend Mark for some RC "Electric" Boat running at a large Downtown Orlando, Florida Lake known as Lake Eola during the Annual Arts & Craft event we enjoyed our models and I was intrigue with his model using a very old DUMAS 6 Volt DC Brushed motor.

While my faster DUMAS Coast Guard Rescue Ship (Kit) powered by a very lively Kyosho Endoplasma 16-Turn in gearbox (3-to1 ratio) and had to stop for additional motor cooling (using high Speed Racer Propeller that soon be replaced), Mark's Tour Master just continued to Run for almost one solid hour and the battery pack that I loaned him still measured 12 Volts from a out of charger measurement of 12.54 Volts!!

Mark acquired his Midwest Tour Master about 20 years ago and partially completed from a gentleman that was just going to leave it for display only so, Mark had lots of work to do and decided to just modify the model as a miniature tug with "Electric" power and that Dumas 6 Volt motor really is very efficient.

Just a few pictures:

Old 11-04-2012, 02:01 AM
guapoman2000

Default RE: Midwest Tour Master using Dumas 6 Volt Brushed Motor

VIDEO *** VIDEO *** VIDEO ***

Please select 720P High Definition (HD) Mode to appreciate the Video and Lake Location!

Assuming that you are viewing the video @ YouTube, the Round Wheel at the Bottom menu provides you to change resolution model assuming your internet connection allows.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=78h4ge5Uw9o[/youtube]
Old 11-04-2012, 03:11 AM
guapoman2000

Default RE: Midwest Tour Master using Dumas 6 Volt Brushed Motor

Same Video at Vimeo as it plays in HD from the start!

https://vimeo.com/52780632