Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > RC Scale Boating
Reload this Page >

oberto 1/12th scale

Community
Search
Notices
RC Scale Boating Enjoy rc scale boating? Talk about it here.

oberto 1/12th scale

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2011, 04:23 PM
madmorgan
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default oberto 1/12th scale

hi guys im building this as i love hydro hulls and very bored ! so i downloaded the scale schematics, printed them out, cut and taped together and started cutting balsa and stacking pieces. what is the best way to do this like 5 min 2 part with tape or like vises 30 min 2 part epoxies etc etc it looks pretty self explanitory yet i will be modding the canopy and hull to suit my likings just need opinions on gluing it together . and yes i will be glassing the lower hull before all is said and done.
Old 08-21-2011, 12:45 PM
subsinker
My Feedback: (61)

Default RE: oberto 1/12th scale

Hi,

FYI: 5 minute epoxy is not waterproof and not nearly as strong as the 30 minute type. Never use 5 min epoxy for anything critical. It will eventually let you down.
Old 08-23-2011, 06:57 PM
madmorgan
My Feedback: (2)

Default RE: oberto 1/12th scale

i was planning on using that and tape to set up the main hull and getting everything square then going thru with 45 min epoxy to finish then glassing the bottom of hull just needed insight as im still cutting out and sanding pieces thanx for  your opinion sub i will keep it in mind .