Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > RC Scale Boating
Reload this Page >

Large scale fishing boats hulls

Community
Search
Notices
RC Scale Boating Enjoy rc scale boating? Talk about it here.

Large scale fishing boats hulls

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2011, 09:44 AM
POWER JET
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Large scale fishing boats hulls

Hi guys,
does anybody from all you experts,how can i find hulls from fishing boats?

Thanks in advance for any replies......
Old 10-05-2011, 11:13 AM
Deathwish
My Feedback: (6)

Default RE: Large scale fishing boats hulls

How large of one are you looking for? 36", 48" or longer?
Old 10-05-2011, 11:21 AM
POWER JET

48'' and longer if is it's possible
Old 10-06-2011, 03:57 AM
mfr02

Received 32 Likes on 32 Posts

Manufacturers usually work to supply a market.  If the market isn't there, they are unlikely to try to supply it.  Most see that the completed model will have to fit in a family car for transport, this restricts the market for large models considerably.
The largest fishing boats available that I know of are by Mountfleet, but I am fairly sure that they sell complete kits.  Models by Design might have something suitable in their range.
If plywood and car body repair materials like fibreglass are available, you could always build your own.
Old 10-06-2011, 04:24 AM
POWER JET

ORIGINAL: mfr02

Manufacturers usually work to supply a market. If the market isn't there, they are unlikely to try to supply it. Most see that the completed model will have to fit in a family car for transport, this restricts the market for large models considerably.
The largest fishing boats available that I know of are by Mountfleet, but I am fairly sure that they sell complete kits. Models by Design might have something suitable in their range.
If plywood and car body repair materials like fibreglass are available, you could always build your own.

Hi mfr,
plywood and car body repair materials are availablebut how can i build it by my own?
I seeing all you guys and i was wondering how you cut the frames and how you give oval shapeof the fuselage that all ships have?
This is a big problem for me.To cut and build the frames??How do you do that?
Old 10-06-2011, 01:12 PM
Hydro Junkie

Received 130 Likes on 123 Posts

Your best bet in this case would be to talk to Umi Ryuzuki. I've seen some of her work here in the forum and if anyone here can help you, she can
Old 10-06-2011, 01:27 PM
mfr02

Received 32 Likes on 32 Posts

ORIGINAL: POWER JET

ORIGINAL: mfr02

Manufacturers usually work to supply a market. If the market isn't there, they are unlikely to try to supply it. Most see that the completed model will have to fit in a family car for transport, this restricts the market for large models considerably.
The largest fishing boats available that I know of are by Mountfleet, but I am fairly sure that they sell complete kits. Models by Design might have something suitable in their range.

Hi mfr,
plywood and car body repair materials are availablebut how can i build it by my own?
I seeing all you guys and i was wondering how you cut the frames and how you give oval shapeof the fuselage that all ships have?
This is a big problem for me.To cut and build the frames??How do you do that?

Some good clues here -http://www.modelboatmayhem.co.uk/Bui...fer/Part_1.htm
The model being constructed is not huge, but the methods apply whatever the size.