Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Large scale fishing boats hulls

Hi guys,
    does anybody from all you experts,how can i find hulls from fishing boats?

Thanks in advance for any replies......
    No excuses...!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Large scale fishing boats hulls

How large of one are you looking for? 36", 48" or longer?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

48'' and longer if is it's possible
    No excuses...!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Manufacturers usually work to supply a market.  If the market isn't there, they are unlikely to try to supply it.  Most see that the completed model will have to fit in a family car for transport, this restricts the market for large models considerably.
    The largest fishing boats available that I know of are by Mountfleet, but I am fairly sure that they sell complete kits.  Models by Design might have something suitable in their range.
    If plywood and car body repair materials like fibreglass are available, you could always build your own.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: mfr02

Manufacturers usually work to supply a market. If the market isn't there, they are unlikely to try to supply it. Most see that the completed model will have to fit in a family car for transport, this restricts the market for large models considerably.
    The largest fishing boats available that I know of are by Mountfleet, but I am fairly sure that they sell complete kits. Models by Design might have something suitable in their range.
    If plywood and car body repair materials like fibreglass are available, you could always build your own.

Hi mfr,
    plywood and car body repair materials are availablebut how can i build it by my own?
    I seeing all you guys and i was wondering how you cut the frames and how you give oval shapeof the fuselage that all ships have?
    This is a big problem for me.To cut and build the frames??How do you do that?
    No excuses...!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Your best bet in this case would be to talk to Umi Ryuzuki. I've seen some of her work here in the forum and if anyone here can help you, she can

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: POWER JET

ORIGINAL: mfr02

Manufacturers usually work to supply a market. If the market isn't there, they are unlikely to try to supply it. Most see that the completed model will have to fit in a family car for transport, this restricts the market for large models considerably.
    The largest fishing boats available that I know of are by Mountfleet, but I am fairly sure that they sell complete kits. Models by Design might have something suitable in their range.

Hi mfr,
    plywood and car body repair materials are availablebut how can i build it by my own?
    I seeing all you guys and i was wondering how you cut the frames and how you give oval shapeof the fuselage that all ships have?
    This is a big problem for me.To cut and build the frames??How do you do that?

Some good clues here -http://www.modelboatmayhem.co.uk/Bui...fer/Part_1.htm
    The model being constructed is not huge, but the methods apply whatever the size.