I am building the Dumas Miss Circus Circus. I have read that the Dumas materials are crap and have ordered some aircraft grade ply from some members recommended sites. I hope all supplies will be delivered within the next couple of weeks. I want to do this boat the right way and have a budget of $2000. In the mean time, I need know some suggestions for my questions.
1) What size engine can this boat take? I have done some research and it looks like the MAC's are a good way to go.
2) What is a good servo box?
3) What is a good servo and remote brand?
4) How do you know which way the prop spins before you get the engine? And does it matter which way it spins?
5) Is it a good idea to fiberglass and seal every part of the boat during construction?
6) When is a good time to cut the lightening holes in the framing? After the bottom sheeting is on?
7) Is the Newton paint scheme page worth the $35? Does it actually give the measurements of the paint stripes and angles?
Thanks a lot for any input that can be given. I am sure I will have tons of questions during the build. I hope to get started in a couple of weeks and will start a thread or blog to show my progress.
Have a good one,