Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Robbe San Diego

New boat again:::

Anyone know someone who has built a boat like this and has pictures??

BR
    Jamie

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Robbe San Diego

Do a google search there is all kind's of different picture's and video's. And some up grade's for it.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Deathwish

Do a google search there is all kind's of different picture's and video's. And some up grade's for it.
    Where can I find these upgrades? Link?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Where can I find these upgrades? Link?
    Also I am looking for a suitable Radio system for this boat. I want to controll lights with one button, bowthruster with another button/lever. etc
    Wgat also do I need to install inside the boat to controll these functions??

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hi Jamie,

There are plenty of radio's that will do exactly what you want it to do.

Take a look at the following below, the firstvendor is in the UK and the second is in California, USA. Both have a good selection of transmitters that have such options available.

http://www.cornwallmodelboats.co.uk/...o_systems.html

and Here:

http://www.harbormodels.com/

-Rich.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Jamiecroc

There’s a couple of ways to run those accessories.
    Here is the most common cost effective approach: You can take each accessory and rig a separate on/off switch to it and then rig the switch to a servo that will turn the switch on/off remotely. The servo will run on the designated channel on the transmitter.
    To best do this take a thin sheet of wood (1/8" or a few MM thick) and cut out a spot for the servo to sit and then screw the servo in place. Then across from the servo is the on/off switch for the accessory. Finally rig a servo rod to go from the servo and to the switch and adjust the servo to turn the switch on and off using the transmitter. Make sure that you have a channel available to support each servo. This is the most common way of running accessories remotely.
    Then there is the Robbie F-14/F-16 radio. This radio system is expensive as is and has optional decoders, expansion modules and switches that you can buy to eliminate the servo and plug the accessory directly into the decoder. The decoder plugs into a channel on the receiver and you can have switches on the transmitter that runs each accessory. This is the ideal way to go but it is a VERY costly set of options.
    -Rich.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Rich404

There’s a couple of ways to run those accessories.
    Here is the most common cost effective approach: You can take each accessory and rig a separate on/off switch to it and then rig the switch to a servo that will turn the switch on/off remotely. The servo will run on the designated channel on the transmitter.
    To best do this take a thin sheet of wood (1/8'' or a few MM thick) and cut out a spot for the servo to sit and then screw the servo in place. Then across from the servo is the on/off switch for the accessory. Finally rig a servo rod to go from the servo and to the switch and adjust the servo to turn the switch on and off using the transmitter. Make sure that you have a channel available to support each servo. This is the most common way of running accessories remotely.
    Then there is the Robbie F-14/F-16 radio. This radio system is expensive as is and has optional decoders, expansion modules and switches that you can buy to eliminate the servo and plug the accessory directly into the decoder. The decoder plugs into a channel on the receiver and you can have switches on the transmitter that runs each accessory. This is the ideal way to go but it is a VERY costly set of options.
    Β*
    -Rich.
    Β*

Thank you Rich for the info. Alternative 2 will work for me. But will a Spark control work? its only 3 channels I think, I need 4 channel?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I am using a FUTABA 4PL 2,4G S-FHSS, say now that I have 4 channels that are very suitable
    for all functions.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Thank you Rich for the info. Alternative 2 will work for me. But will a Spark control work? its only 3 channels I think, I need 4 channel?
    The second alternative includes the transmitter so you won't need one. Unfortunately Robbe set up their expansion modules and other goodies only to run on their transmitter so you can't substitute with Futaba or any other brand.

-Rich.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Some of the upgrade's i have seen so far are: Jet drive's, and radar to name a few.

Radar: http://www.scale-models.co.uk/ship-b...san-diego.html

Jet Drive's: http://www.jet-drive.de/index.php?op...mid=25&lang=en

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Some of the upgrade's i have seen so far are: Jet drive's, and radar to name a few.

Radar: http://www.scale-models.co.uk/ship-b...san-diego.html

Jet Drive's: http://www.jet-drive.de/index.php?op...mid=25&lang=en
    Hello and thx,

But I canΒ΄t find the radar through this link. Is it a spinning radar?

Last night I glued the 2 top sections together. Today is putting all bits and pieces on.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback