Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Seaport Tug Boat converted to hobby grade

I know this is not a True scale boat that is scratch built but on the cheap it turned out to be a great scale "looking" Tug

I purchased this Toy grade RC Tug Boat awhile back and I am glad I did It can be bought for about $80.00 online Amazon.com: Remote Control Sea Port Tug Boat RC RTT: Toys & Games and it is total junk if you plan on running it stock. :shock:

What's great about it is once you gut the stock electronics and throw in some hobby grade RC parts it turns into a scale tug boat made on the cheap!

I added an old JR servo for the steering, an old Axial ESC, an old Axial 55T motor, and a 2.4ghz RX. I also added some LED's, lead weights for ballast, filled in the water pump, painted and modified the boat.

If you gas it full throttle with the 55T it has so much torque that the boat will want to roll over...lol but with throttle control it performs like a champ!

Stock out of the box

Modded

HPI Sprint 2 Flux Drift, HPI E-Firestorm Flux, SCX10, AX10,CC01,Venom GPV1,Kyosho HOR,Lama V4, Fighter 550 brushless, & more

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Seaport Tug Boat converted to hobby grade

Well done, I like it, looks great!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Seaport Tug Boat converted to hobby grade

ORIGINAL: dauntlessfan

Well done, I like it, looks great!
    Thanks! I recently dusted it off and put it back in the water after years sitting on my shelf. I added deans connector for my LIPO (the NIMH was beyond dead :P ) and a LIPO cut off.
    HPI Sprint 2 Flux Drift, HPI E-Firestorm Flux, SCX10, AX10,CC01,Venom GPV1,Kyosho HOR,Lama V4, Fighter 550 brushless, & more