Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Thread: Scale boats

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Scale boats

Hello all you boat experts,

I'm coming from the world of airplanes.
    I saw in You tube a video with a scale Tug boat.With lights rotating radars cranes fire monitors and more and i was very impressed.
    So can you show me some online stores that i can find these scale boats?

Thanks in advance for any replies...
    No excuses...!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Scale boats

Mr. Power Jet I can imagine if you have the time to fly planes you might have the time to build your own scale tug. You will be so much more pleased with the results. Im fairly new to rc boats but very tech savi. After buying a couple boats from various places im way happier with the fruits of my labor. Think about it what you can put into it $ wise will be way more wisely spent and with a better outcome. What do you fly btw.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

A quick google for " southampton tug model "  should find links for an RTS that is better than the toy ones as supplied, and very capable of being added to and improved.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I don't know why but i think it's very complicated to build a boat!Εspecially the front part of the ship.I don't know from where to begin.
    I'm flying mostly jet models.
    No excuses...!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I was the same way and actually returned my first scale boat kit to the hobby store after I opened it. Figured there was NO WAY I could possibly build it. But I was wrong, tried again a couple years later and it's much easier than it looks. It's easy to forget how much sanding, filler and epoxy can smooth out the hull, especially around the bow.

Check out kits with fiberglass or ABS hulls too if you want to only concentrate efforts on the deck and cabin.