Next step in the hull build was to fill the space between front and rear and near ribs. I have used balsa wood of 10mm thickness. The procedure was simple, take the balsa wood plank, align it with the rib, draw a hull conture to it and cut it there. Since there was epoxy build from the 3x8mm planks, I needed to cut the edges of that balsa so it did have a good contact point with the keel and the rib.
Same procedure was done on other blocks of balsa, three in total for front and read and each side and next block was always made smaller to ease the shaping to match the hull curve.
From that stage I only have one picture where the balsa wood is covered with the putty.
Once cured, I have sanded it with 80 grit paper again going to finer density each time. I ended up on 320 at this stage and it was almost ready to be glassed. Notice, that the upper side of the hull, the part above deck is not finished.
Instructions say that 1mm ply should be used for that. I imagined that it will be hard to bend and went with 2mm balsa sheet instead that I had as a leftover from my plane build.
Before I glue that one in as one piece, I have decided to use 0,8mm ply sheet to cover ugly edges of the 5mm ply ribs and those sticking posts (not sure how to name it)
What I did was carefully measure each rib on one side and create that shape from the 0,8mm ply sheet. I than used woodworking glue that is waterproof to glue those in on both sides. That gave me nice and true edges and angles on each rib post (the supports for the outer skin). I have sanded bevel edge where required so I could get a nice fit of that balsa sheet. As I said before, I did not think that someone might be interested in it, so no pictures from that stage too :-(
Inside of the hull is painted with thick paint to prevent leaks (I did not know at that time that I will fiberglass it)