Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > RC Scale Boating
Reload this Page >

Looking for Plans For British WWII LCA

Community
Search
Notices
RC Scale Boating Enjoy rc scale boating? Talk about it here.

Looking for Plans For British WWII LCA

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2008, 07:48 PM
George Jure

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking for Plans For British WWII LCA

Hi, I have been looking for Plans for a British WWII LCA - Landing Craft Assault But un lucky so far. I am aware of the U.S Higgens made Landing Craft of WWII, with the Front ramp that was dropped down for fast movement of men however I would like to build an R.C version of the British Landing Craft Assault Craft that carried Men. That version had Two front doors that either single or both doors could be opened then the men could exit. That version was used by The U.S as well AS England and Canada during the D-Day Invasion.

It carried the First U.S Rangers as they attecked German held cliffs in France as well As Canadian Forces as they landed on " Juno Beach ". I just thought there are So Many of the Regular U.S Landing Craft in kits,Trumpeter etc BUT I have Not been able to find a Plan for the Britsh LCA.

Can Anyone Help me with a Source for that ? I don`t care what scale it is as long as it has Good detail for reproduction of a model in whatever scale I decide to do it in. Most likely 1/16 for R.C use.

Thanks In Advance for your Help.

George from Canada
Old 06-25-2008, 08:36 PM
patmat

Received 24 Likes on 19 Posts
Default RE: Looking for Plans For British WWII LCA

Well, the usual plans suspects turn up nothing (floatingdrydock.com)... but here's a place that makes a small resin model:
http://www.milicast.com/british/LCA.shtml

Maybe they can offer a hint as to where the plans came from?
Old 06-26-2008, 01:59 AM
herrmill

Received 63 Likes on 47 Posts

George,

You may try posting on one of the UK forums where I'm certain you'll have more luck finding what you need.

There are several posts on Modelboatmayhem including one gent who has built the [link=http://www.modelboatmayhem.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=1398.0]LCM & LCVP[/link] shown below. He even has a simple plan for his LCM on the thread. Am certain someone there can assist you or at least get your pointed in the right direction.

With its simple lines, you should be able to take these known dimensions & draw up a set of plans using available photos & a small reference model. That's what Simon did with his large LCM.

Chuck

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Nl28882.jpg
Views:	161
Size:	75.5 KB
ID:	978726   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ql33725.jpg
Views:	2310
Size:	74.5 KB
ID:	978727   Click image for larger version

Name:	In25947.jpg
Views:	236
Size:	25.4 KB
ID:	978728   Click image for larger version

Name:	Nl28611.jpg
Views:	686
Size:	30.6 KB
ID:	978729  
Old 06-27-2008, 04:55 PM
George Jure

I would like to say thanks to you two for your suggestions. I have emailed both sources and I am now standing by for news.

If anyone else has anyother sources please let me know.

Thanks, George
Old 06-29-2008, 02:16 PM
vnkiwi

Hi George,
I'm a newby here but Assume you found your plans via the reply from AndrewH on modelmayhem, but here is the link for reference for rcuniverse forum users

http://www.servicehistorique.sga.def.../listebato.php

very good site for any with a naval interest. in French but use your web-browser translation service
vnkiwi
Old 07-03-2008, 12:26 AM
George Jure

Hi, vnkiwi

Thanks for the French link. The LCA 1942 looks to be what I have been looking for. BUT it sure does have alot of clutter on the drawings, very hard to read. I wounder when I printed the plans out on regular size paper, what size or Percentage would I have to have the Enlargement done so that I could have a model built to be 1/16 scale ?

Thanks, George
Old 03-15-2014, 02:22 PM
NavyGraphics

Hi all

If anyone has downloaded the LCA 1942 plans, I'd be hugely grateful for a copy of them.
The French archive has been hacked and all the content is missing.

cheers

Andy

Last edited by NavyGraphics; 03-16-2014 at 02:34 AM.