Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > RC Scale Boating
Reload this Page >

Batterys recomendations please

Notices
RC Scale Boating Enjoy rc scale boating? Talk about it here.

Batterys recomendations please

Old 04-15-2014, 02:52 PM
minimans

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Batterys recomendations please

OK I know this is a thorny question at times but I'm looking for a recommendation on batterys I need 12v to power my Trxxas 770's and I want to be able to play for at least an hour, I know nothing about type or make of batterys. I have a pair of 12v gel cells but having read the forum I realize these are a stop gap at best and need a battery capable of quicker discharge. I also want something reliable and safe! so lets here from those actually running there big boats on what make and brand of battery works best. I am building a Dumas Dauntless and all up weight will be in the region of 30Ib's I'm guessing...........Paul

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Dauntless 125.jpg
Views:	255
Size:	218.7 KB
ID:	1987308  
Old 04-15-2014, 03:11 PM
Tidnab
My Feedback: (51)

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Maybe you should read the Dumas Dauntless thread, right below your posts.Your question should be answered within the many replies.
Old 04-15-2014, 03:25 PM
minimans

Thanks yes I have read through the whole thread! but the battery info is spread all over 200 odd pages and I thought perhaps people could place all that knowledge here in one thread? and I still have no definate idea on what batterys to use having read it..............
Old 04-15-2014, 03:44 PM
All Day Dan
My Feedback: (5)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I am using two sets of 14 2500 NMH cells to power two Astro Flight Marine 25s in my Dumas 48 inch PT boats. The heaviest boat weighs 23 pounds. I get 12 minute runs going at ¾ throttle. You should be able to get much longer runs with higher capacity battery cells and lower throttle settings. Check my build thread for some ideas. Dan.
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-s...l#post11009591
Old 04-28-2014, 11:57 AM
Rich404

Paul;

Look for a pair of 12v 10'000 mah NIMH cells. Use one pack per motor and you will have nice run times. Be sure that the batteries you choose are designed for Rc use and have high discharge capabilities.

I am running my Dauntless on 2 11.1v Lipos and I can push an hour if I am gentle on the throttles.

Rich.
Old 05-06-2014, 09:24 AM
machinist007

Hey Rich,

Where did you get your batteries? I've been looking for a couple weeks and I haven't been able to find anything.

John