Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > RC Scale Boating
Reload this Page >

looking for a modler

Community
Search
Notices
RC Scale Boating Enjoy rc scale boating? Talk about it here.

looking for a modler

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2014, 04:44 PM
expresscraft

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default looking for a modler

Hey guys, I have owned Expresscraft boats since 1989, I also owned a store front hobby shop for 23 of those years, I am not looking for a bunch of guys just one that enjoys modeling and has a history to show it.I am not looking to give boats away. I have the molds from sea ray that where used to make there static models, I have had them now for around 8 or so years, with the new electric options today I believe these will make great scale rc models, we simply have not had the time to fit them in.so I am looking for someone that wants to take my fiberglass decks hulls ect (blank canvas). And make them into nice working models that are very true to scale,I just want the pictures of the finished working models with some build details to go with our semi kits that we will make available once I have the info provided by who ever I end up working with.I would like to fall in with someone that has built models for others before, as I am not interested in doing the models to a full build but there will be a demand for that. That is where this turns into a real opportunity for who ever this pair of shoes fits.But it will go no where for either of us if the JOB just sits. some of these boats sold for thousands just as static models.You help me get these molds in gear and I will help you have a job of building boats from them. I plan to pick one person to do this with, I will be looking for ability to do the job,some past project,some post count to know you are credible,I have worked hard and for years to be,and most important is for us to not have a personality conflict. All I am offering is the glass parts, who ever does this will have to invest out of there pocket what is needed to make them running detailed boats.It has to be this way as i want the builder to have a investment in making this work as well.My years of keeping my model business open have shown me first hand this is the best way to proceed and it will cut out a lot of guys that really can not help make this happen. I truly hope you guys reading this do not get offended as that is not my intention, I hope you see it as me wanting to work with someone and being very clear on what I am after. Thanks Tom Mccarthy.
Old 08-14-2014, 09:04 AM
expresscraft

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Thanks guys I think I have this covered now.