Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > RC Scale Boating
Reload this Page >

Barn Find sterling Chris-Craft Corvette

Community
Search
Notices
RC Scale Boating Enjoy rc scale boating? Talk about it here.

Barn Find sterling Chris-Craft Corvette

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2019, 10:53 AM
chriscraftfan

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Barn Find sterling Chris-Craft Corvette

I have found a Chris Craft Corvette Sterling model that has been built and completed that is in need of a lot of tender loving care. When I get permission to post pictures which will be in three more post I will do so. So my first question is does anybody know where I can get a copy of the large print instructions that would have come with these early Chris-Craft models
The following users liked this post:
docharper (10-13-2021)
Old 03-25-2019, 10:57 AM
chriscraftfan

Default How important is the inner structure of these models

The former owner the for some reason hacked out a lot of the inner structure. When you get a chance to look at the pictures if anyone could advise me on how much of that structure I need to replace and how to do that I would appreciate it.
Old 03-25-2019, 11:06 AM
chriscraftfan

Default Managing the cost to restore this model

I have been doing some checking around and I've already figured out this model could cost me around $700 to restore it with new running gear Motors and controls. That is more money than I have to put into this project quickly. I suspect I will need to purchase new running gear but might be able to economize on used motors and used controls any information about this would be helpful. With the next post I will be able to show you pictures of my boat thank you very much for taking the time to look at my post and my boat
Old 03-25-2019, 11:16 AM
chriscraftfan

Default Pictures

I'm having trouble getting pictures uploaded to the Post. These are pictures I've taken with my phone and upload it straight from the phone if anyone has any suggestions on what I might be doing wrong I would appreciate it

Last edited by chriscraftfan; 03-25-2019 at 11:27 AM.
Old 04-15-2019, 03:18 PM
Ron Olson
My Feedback: (1)

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

You might not have enough postings to allow you to post pictures but you should have now that you've posted more than 10 times. You can try uploading into your Gallery.