Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > RC Scale Boating
Reload this Page >

AquaCraft Atlantic Harbor R/C Tug Boat ?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Scale Boating Enjoy rc scale boating? Talk about it here.

AquaCraft Atlantic Harbor R/C Tug Boat ?

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2015, 02:35 PM
rhardy60

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AquaCraft Atlantic Harbor R/C Tug Boat ?

I just purchased this AquaCraft Atlantic Harbor Tug Boat with a TRAXXAS Transmitter and Receiver off e-bay , now i'm thinking putting a Hobbywing QUICRUN 1060 BRUSHED ESC to run 3s lipo's and a 1585 Titan Marine 550 Motor in it , this is not the Atlantic Harbor tug 2 version any thoughts on this set up ? I'm going to use it as a recovery boat and just playing around . Thanks

Last edited by rhardy60; 03-06-2015 at 02:38 PM.
Old 03-07-2015, 10:57 PM
dauntlessfan

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Using it as a rescue boat and/or for scale performance, she's probably just fine as-is, and will provide plenty of run time for cruising... reasons for hopping-up the motor to something faster?
Old 03-08-2015, 02:24 AM
rhardy60

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dauntlessfan
Using it as a rescue boat and/or for scale performance, she's probably just fine as-is, and will provide plenty of run time for cruising... reasons for hopping-up the motor to something faster?
really not looking for more speed , not knowing if stock motor would handle 3s , manual says 7.2v put i put 3s to it last night in the tub and it handled it just find , the esc i'm changing is for better reverse . i read a lot on this and other forums about the AquaCraft Atlantic Harbor Tug .
Old 03-08-2015, 08:25 PM
dauntlessfan

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I would think the stock 550 will be okay and may give longer run times than the Titan. But I'm no expert.
Old 03-10-2015, 02:46 AM
Hydro Junkie

Received 130 Likes on 123 Posts

LEAVE IT ALONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I bought the wife one a few years ago and, while running last summer, we found out why the boat has a slow reverse. What we found is, with the boat's low transom, that backing up too fast in all but flat water puts water over the stern railing. Since both the rudder access hatch and the cabin are flush with the deck and the mounting flanges are below deck level, water over the rail has a direct path into the hull. This means, unless you plan on installing a bilge pump with a water sensor start or making the hull totally water tight, you need to leave the boat's reverse alone

Last edited by Hydro Junkie; 03-10-2015 at 02:52 AM.