RC Scale Boating Enjoy rc scale boating? Talk about it here.

Revell 1/72 R/C Flower Class Corvette

Old 05-11-2019, 08:02 AM
ojays

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Revell 1/72 R/C Flower Class Corvette

Started this a couple of years ago, but only just got around to finishing it.
Using the Platinum version and adding GLS PE options and extras.
She isn't a representation of any particular vessel, just a figment of my imagination plus reference to many assorted photo's.

The hull was assembled as per the instructions, with added internal strengthening of the joints and hull sections
All the portholes were sealed internally with plasticard as I didn't intend to use the kit transparencies.
A rudder kit was purchased and cut to shape using the kit rudder halves as templates. The kit parts were then thinned down and bonded to the modified brass rudder assembly.
This was inserted into the hull with a plasticard platform to give added strength, and allow for the correct angle to be achieved
A couple of bulkheads were cut from plasticard and attached in appropriate positions inside the hull. One of the bulkheads was used as a support for the brass prop shaft, which had been drilled to allow oiling tube to be fitted.

Old 05-13-2019, 08:03 AM
ojays

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Not all Flowers had wooden decking, so I removed the moulded in decking and re-scribed for a welded plate look.
The hull exterior plating is too pronounced and the bow flange is larger than scale. This required a lot of sanding and filing to get a
reasonable scale look
I used the supplied stick on decking where appropriate, and sealed with a coat of pledge/future.