Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > RC Scale Boating
Reload this Page >

water cooled 4 stroke?

Notices
RC Scale Boating Enjoy rc scale boating? Talk about it here.

water cooled 4 stroke?

Old 09-13-2004, 08:41 PM
dgw

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default water cooled 4 stroke?

Does anyone know of a source for marine glow 4 strokers anymore? Seems a long time ago OS had one. Or maybe a water jacket system. I have an FS-70 and a 52 I'd love to adapt to a displacing work type craft. Being a fan of 4 strokes on aircraft, it seems that the lower RPM exhaust note might be slick on this type of project.
Old 09-14-2004, 12:00 AM
More HP
My Feedback: (2)

Default RE: water cooled 4 stroke?

My thoughts exactly DGW, great sound, wide range of torque to play with, and not the type of boat that needs screaming rpm's....
I've seen a few of the old O.S. .60's on e-b__ , however most have been too old!

Matt
Old 09-15-2004, 06:10 PM
Kmot
My Feedback: (24)

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I'm planning for the same type powerplant some day. Actually twin .40 four-strokes. I am thinking that making a cooling jacket like the Octura Kool Klamp that was once available could work on a four-stroke. Since they only fire every other revolution they inherently run much cooler than the two-stroke glow engines. I don't think a lot of external cooling would be required.
Old 09-15-2004, 08:04 PM
bradsterlouman
My Feedback: (39)

hey i have 2 yellow bonzi sports edge boats i woul like to sell brand new in the box for 850 ea plus shipping that will save u 50 off a brand new boat i will fflame them or pu tvynil graphic on them for free too