Community
Search
Notices
RC Scale Boating Enjoy rc scale boating? Talk about it here.

Donzi

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2007, 08:33 AM
Pusar
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Donzi

I like the MACK hardware.

http://www.mackproductsrc.com/props_&_hardware.htm

For stuffing tubes shafts and props look at: (MACK may have then too)

http://www.raboesch.com/

Dumas is now a supplier for them so they should have some goodies for you.

http://www.dumasestore.com/catalog/i...151ik1fm028vr2

I would go with direct drive and don't mess with all the other junk.

Marty
Old 12-16-2007, 09:19 AM
nyasphalt

thanks for the help---i read alot from the forums----your info has been great---did you run into any major problems with the upper structures---or any other tips i should know----ive been looking for this boat for a while---i just got one from ebay last week
Old 03-17-2009, 08:42 PM
a65l
My Feedback: (17)

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

No action on this thread for a year and a half.... wow.

I bought a Donzi Z65 that was hanging in my LHS for a price that's almost too low to mention. It had the dumas 6v twin motor setup with speed controllers, came with a radio, etc etc. I set it aside for another project, but this weekend was too crappy to fly so it got pulled out.

Hooked up a battery, tried to run the motors. No juice through speed controllers.

I think I'm going to ditch the brushed motors anyway, especially after both the motor mounts and the radio gear mounts pulled right out of the hull without much effort. AT least the prop shafts and rudder posts seem to be bonded in a little more securely.

There are a lot of very inexpensive brushless motors out there, and speed controllers. I've got a 3s 5000 mah lipoly sitting around. Actually I've got a couple of 6s lipo's sitting around as they're not up to running my current DF project, but I think we'll try it on 3s first.

Soo... Anybody got any good suggestions for motors? I'm actually thinking about running a pair of outrunners, which will require a bit of creative motor mounting but should yield good run times.

I see an issue, and that is I need adapters from the motors to the Dumas universals. The motor end adapters are pressed on the shafts of the Dumas motors, but they may come off without much effort.

I believe I'm also going to pass on the tuna tower. I've never been much for fishing. I think the outriggers will stay, though.

Andy
Old 03-17-2009, 09:56 PM
slivic003

Hi, the brushless would be a very good way to go. You will need motors with high torque to turn the props and get a nice speed out of it. High rpm motors will not turn the props very well and your runtime will be very short. Try going with a brushless motor that is close to the astro flight 40 marine motor or the 25. As far as couplings ditch the dumas u-joints. They will fail on a high power motor. try direct coupling or a high quality u-joint.
Old 03-19-2009, 11:12 PM
astroboycp

Will you be showing pictures of your build?
Old 03-20-2009, 05:13 AM
a65l
My Feedback: (17)

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Actually, most of teh building is done already......

Definetly I'm going to stay away from high rpm motors. That's why I was leaning towards outrunners, fairly low KV ones at that. I'm guessing that anything more than 9k rpm is going to be wasted at the props, so I'm looking at at under 1000kv motor, probablly about an equivalant .40 or so glow size.

A

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Xv63784.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	47.0 KB
ID:	1161766   Click image for larger version

Name:	Av69032.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	50.1 KB
ID:	1161767  
Old 03-20-2009, 08:13 AM
Rich404

Hi,

I agree with Slivic. A pair of Astro 25's or 40's are they way to go with the Donzi. They are very reliable motors with plenty of power and good RPM's to get the Donzi movin' with no problem.

-Rich.
Old 03-20-2009, 04:31 PM
subsinker
My Feedback: (61)

Hi,

I agree, I built a Donzi with Astro flite 25's in it and it was more than enough scale power. The boat planed out nicely and had a nice scale sounding hum, like twin diesels. Twin 40's might be a bit of overkill but would still work nicely, I bet.

Pete