Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > RC Scale Boating
Reload this Page >

what boat is this??

Community
Search
Notices
RC Scale Boating Enjoy rc scale boating? Talk about it here.

what boat is this??

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2005, 04:31 AM
boatabout

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what boat is this??

my hubby bought this boat in the photos and we are trying to find out more about it, and it has a fibre glass hull with a wooden top, it seems that it was a kit boat and some sort of ferry. as you can see it's in need of a bit of attention and we would like to find out it's history and what it's suppose to look like, so if some one knows anything about it please let us know thanks.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Hf98904.jpg
Views:	323
Size:	128.2 KB
ID:	303264   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ez83188.jpg
Views:	249
Size:	125.4 KB
ID:	303265  
Old 07-31-2005, 10:13 PM
Deathwish
My Feedback: (6)

Default RE: what boat is this??

i think i have seen those on ebay not for sure. but it look's alot like a dumas model. You can look on ebay and see if you can find one like it.
Old 08-08-2005, 11:28 PM
azcaptain

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This MAY be a "customized" or "kitbashed" Dumas kit. Check out Dumas on line to see their kits. You may find the one it came from.
Old 08-11-2005, 03:45 AM
boatabout

hi, thanks for that, i have checked the dumas site but didn't see anything like my boat but i might email them a photo of it incase it's an out of date model and they can still remember it.
Old 08-11-2005, 06:14 PM
Hydro Junkie

Received 130 Likes on 123 Posts

It's SIMILAR to a Dumas Dauntless, but I don't think it's a kitbashed boat. Looks to me like a home built design someone made up. Besides, all Dumas hulls were made of wood till the glass Scarabs and tugs came out.
Old 08-12-2005, 05:32 AM
boatabout

i have seen a photo of the same boat in a issue of marine modelling international (an english mag.) magazine july 2004 on page 69, just looking at the boat i'm pretty sure it's a kit built boat. i looked at the dumas site and yes it's simular but not quite the same. thanks anyway.
Old 08-12-2005, 01:23 PM
Umi_Ryuzuki

Marine modeling and RC boat modeler magazine accept a lot of write ups from the public.

Pat Tritle created plans for the Minnow, the yacht from the movie "Father Goose", and a a boat he called "Yoda's Ark". He works either from photographs, or just makes up something after a boat he has seen, or styles the model to capture the essence of the era or theme.

Another magazine also released a set of plans and a build up of a modern destroyer/frigate. The person that created it did a great job of providing the plans and building the ship. However the ship he created was a cross between the Ticonderoga Class and the Ageis Class warships. The ship looked and sailed great, but in reality never existed.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=356688

It may be just that which you have in your posession. A unique and sailable scratch built boat that a magazine provided plans for everyone to build.
Old 08-12-2005, 06:00 PM
boatabout

the boat wasn't a plan in the magazine it was in a picture about putting boats into the water. i have since email the magazine on a long hope about it and they have just that minute emailed me back to say they have found it, they got in touch with the owner to find out about it and it's marketed by Precedent as the Hanseat, they are also sending me some photos and papers about the boat, which we are really happy about. thanks all for your help in trying to give me a name for her. boatabout.