Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > RC Scale Boating
Reload this Page >

1/4 scale boat trailer

Community
Search
Notices
RC Scale Boating Enjoy rc scale boating? Talk about it here.

1/4 scale boat trailer

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2005, 01:02 AM
fudi50
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1/4 scale boat trailer

Attached are pictures of my scratch built trailer I use 1" x 1/2" x 1/8" alum channel joining all pices together with solid stock drilled and tapped then screwed together I used JB weld to fill screw heads and any imperfections then had the frame powder coated whitel. All hand rail was made from brazing rod leaf springs were made from plumbers snake drag links and shackles from brass sheet and rod Axel was 1/2" rectangular tube with stub axles to take R/C Aircraft baloon tires the Moonie hub caps ere cut from the caps of a chain link fence post. I turen up all the bezeles for the LED lights wire's were hidden in channel I reduced a numberv plate down to 1/4 scale milled a pice of alum stock for plate used alum stock for rear lights the winch was made rom brass I polished all parts and chrome plated every thing I put a 50lb bag of sand on my trailer and it hardly moved
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Tq48700.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	41.1 KB
ID:	329264   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ez81818.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	49.7 KB
ID:	329265   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ua70748.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	36.0 KB
ID:	329266  
Old 09-29-2005, 11:54 PM
Ron Olson
My Feedback: (1)

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts
Default RE: 1/4 scale boat trailer

WOW! Nice looking trailer! I like what you done detail-wise with things like the wide whitewalls. It really helps to give it the period look.
Old 10-24-2005, 04:47 PM
gugie

Very nice!
How did you make the fenders?
Do you have a boat for this?
Old 10-24-2005, 07:43 PM
green-boat

Ditto, very nicely done. Too bad it isn't set up for a fifth wheel. I have a scratch built 1/12'th scale W900 Kenworth conventional semi tractor that needs something to pull. She is about 35" long, has all the lights and sounds and yes it is R/C. I do like your idea on the leaf spring material, much simpler than grinding down Bi-metal hack saw blades to 1/4" wide.
Old 10-28-2005, 02:15 AM
fudi50
My Feedback: (3)

The trailer originaly transported the 1/4 scale 1942 Century Barrel Back "Mr Jingle" shown on previus pages here. Original kit from S&G Craft [no longer around] but apart from basic structure was completely modified to look like the original. Took first place in scale at the AMA convention back in 2002.
My current scale model a 1/4 scale Riva Super Ariston 1970 being constructed from original 1.10th plans enlarged to 1/4 all mid frames are built keel has been made still a long way to go. I have decided to install an electric engine size and power unknown at this time model length 63" beam 21" projected weight 35lbs.How did I make the fenders I used 1/16th brass sheet half rolled then used same brass sheet for sides siver soldered all together the steps were made from 3/16th aluminum tapped and screwd after polishing and platiing.
Old 11-04-2005, 03:24 PM
rc skimo

Holy Jebus!!! I think I could mount my jet ski on that thing. Nice work.