Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > RC Scale Boating
Reload this Page >

input re: Robbe?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Scale Boating Enjoy rc scale boating? Talk about it here.

input re: Robbe?

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2006, 11:12 PM
olguy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default input re: Robbe?

Ok folks, I've got my "Rubber Ducky" running well, I've finished my "Bloopea" (Pea Pod sailboat) and she sails like I dreamed she would. So now it's on to my next build. I am looking at Robbe's Antje II Cutter ( http://www.modelspot.com/robbe/antje.htm ). I've heard that Robbe makes a good kit but would like some input from ya'all.

Has anyone had any experance with the Antje? If not, how about some information on other Robbe builds. Things I should know, things to look out for, etc. Some of us need all the encouragment (and help) we can get. Thanks!

Oh yea, what about the "fittings sets" that are recommented. Are they needed? I can't seem to find what all they consist of.

Inquiring minds want to know, or at least mine does.

Old 02-19-2006, 06:20 PM
subsinker
My Feedback: (61)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: input re: Robbe?

Olguy,

Well, I can't help you exactly with the ship you are looking to build. With that being said, I have built several Robbe kits and for the most part they are not difficult. The hulls are plastic and the fittings are cleanly made plastic or metal. If you look in my gallery you will see a Dusseldorf Fireboat that I have been tinkering with off and on. The multi- function models are considerably more complex with electric motors and relays powering the various accessories but here again, it is not difficult. Time consuming and somewhat tedious yes but well within the abilities of most of us mortals. The fittings are the recommended drives, motors and I have used them for all the ones I have built. They are made specifically for each kit and unless you plan on doing a bit of kit bashing to fashion your own power plants I recommend staying with them. Its your money though, do as you feel.

Pete