Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > RC Scale Boating
Reload this Page >

vacuboats

Community
Search
Notices
RC Scale Boating Enjoy rc scale boating? Talk about it here.

vacuboats

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2006, 10:07 PM
slowstang88

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default vacuboats

i dont know how scale these boats are, but the kits look extensive and pretty nice! plus the owner is a very cordial guy and quickly answered my questions, not to mention will ship to an apo address!!nice guy, highly recomended!!

nate sanders

http://www.vac-u-boat.com/
The following users liked this post:
Panzer Dog (03-05-2021)
Old 03-08-2006, 12:19 AM
LtDoc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: vacuboats

Nate,
All of the 'Vac-U-Boat' kits are nice. About as complete as a kit can be, and if you can get your shoes on the right feet 50% of the time, easy to build. Phil is a very nice guy to do 'bid'nez' with!
- 'Doc
Old 03-08-2006, 03:44 PM
Eplane1

Nate,
I have built two vac-u-tugs, they were my first boats. They are quality kits and very easy to build. I would recommend the boats to anyone. The owner Phil, was terriffic to deal with and everything was recieved quickly and packaged perfectly. The boats run very quietly. The only upgrade I used was the four blade prop ( added nice speed ). As you can see from the Web site that they can be detailed easily. Again Great Boats.
Steve
Old 03-08-2006, 05:20 PM
green-boat

Phil was at our regatta last September with his boats. I didn't know who he was at first until the last day of the regatta, real nice guy. Got talking to him about his boats and all the parts and pieces. What impressed me was his version of the Dumas dogbone drive. It has 4 nubs on either end vs. Dumas' 2 nubs. It is self centering, runs quieter, stronger and cheaper. He had to leave to get back home so the 2 hours that we talked was cut short. Great guy.

Hope he comes back again this year.
Old 03-10-2006, 08:42 PM
Ron Olson
My Feedback: (1)

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

I haven't been in his site in a while but his latest project looks like 5-1/2 feet of fun!