Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > RC Scale Boating
Reload this Page >

Any North Carolina modelers out there

Community
Search
Notices
RC Scale Boating Enjoy rc scale boating? Talk about it here.

Any North Carolina modelers out there

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2006, 07:37 PM
Joe Wallace

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any North Carolina modelers out there

The N.C. Model Ship Builders have started back running ships at City Lake in Rocky Mount, N.C. Looking for other modelers in the area to come and join the fun. We have been running 1/96 scale ships but we have others to run. On September 16 we are going to have a fleet run with four scale ships. If you would like to join us in the run or would just like to come and visit let me know on this forum. Joe
Old 09-09-2006, 06:51 PM
zero1941

Default RE: Any North Carolina modelers out there

hey Joe, great talking to you today. We have created some more intress in the club. one thing for sure, if our warships came as Ready to Run, we would have 50 captains on the lake. I think we will have a good crowd on Sept. 16. any scale ships are welcome. i will call Friday, if not i'll see yu Sat.
Old 09-10-2006, 07:30 PM
Icleanh2o

Hi Joe,

My name is Rick Strickland and I live down in Kinston, NC. If you do not mind Submarines, I would like to join you in Rocky Mount. I command the SSN-594 Permit Class in 1/96 scale. Send me directions and I will get everything ready for the mission.

Let me know and we can exchange E-mail addresses. Been modelling ships about 15 years or so. RC Warship Combat, some sailing, small scale, fast electric (tupperware boats), homemade crackerbox, shrimp boats, and now subs.

Later, The Sludgejudge
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Qo40534.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	7.8 KB
ID:	522183  
Old 09-11-2006, 04:52 PM
Joe Wallace

Hi Rick, are you familiar with Rocky Mount at all. The City Lake that we run at is just a little ways from the old Tarrytown Mall that is now torn down. Which road will you be taking here? It may be that I can meet you at a location and you can follow me there. Get back with me as soon as you can. Joe
Old 09-11-2006, 05:51 PM
Icleanh2o

Hi Joe,

I will go up thru Show Hill, Stantonburg, and Wilson. Turn right in Wilson headed for Rocky Mount. I remember where the Mall was because we would go up and turn right at the overpass to go to Warrenton. Just give me an address close to the lake and I can try Mapquest. I run on channel 72, hopefully it is open! Tell me about the lake, size, depth, color, clarity, algae growth, and anything else you can think of.

Rick
Old 09-11-2006, 07:31 PM
Joe Wallace

Rick, try mapquest on this address Chcico's Mexican Restaurant at 1701 Sunset Ave. This restaurant is located at the lake. I will be at the lake around noon saturday. The lake has ducks in it and there is some algae in the bottom. I would guess that the lake is not over five foot deep. To get a look at the lake go to www.warshipmodelsunderway.com and go to the disscussion forum. Then look for event photo's and click on N.C. Fleet Run. You will see our ships and the lake. I look forward to seeing you and if you need any more info I'll check this forum Tuesday. Joe
Old 09-11-2006, 08:59 PM
Icleanh2o

Joe,

I should have no problems find the Lake, it looks nice, last big run was at SubRegatta at Carmel, Indiana. Reflecting pool the size of 2 football fields, exactly 3 feet deep and crystal clear. Have not found any really good sites in LENOIR County. Thought about WHITE LAKE. Looking forward to meeting you Saturday.

Just need to replace my Auto Pitch Control board, and charge up.

Rick