Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > RC Scale Boating
Reload this Page >

the unofficial home of the dumas dauntless

RC Scale Boating Enjoy rc scale boating? Talk about it here.

the unofficial home of the dumas dauntless

Old 11-04-2018, 03:49 AM
Darron16

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Greetings to all fellow Captains And special thanks to Dauntless fan and rbublaugh for there kind comments to my still not finished version of the Dauntless.Since my last photos I have been busy with more detailing work and in the process of installing lighting also I now have a canopy over the wheel house deck and also have made a better stand to replace the temporary one I made. Here comes the crunch. I have taken liberty's with the design in the first instance I decided to plank my decks instead of painting them I know The original Dauntless did not have that. Nor did she have the same navigation lights I have on my version. The little row boat that came in the kit I hated it reminding me of a bath tub ,so I replaced that with a RIB.Now I have been at it again I decided my Dauntless should have a swim platform on her Transom perhaps just for the hell of it and thinking it would look nice? I am uncertain if the Dauntless ever had this feature ? Archives of the original are very few far and between and in her life it appears she had at least a few re fits .For example The Dauntless did not always have an enclosed wheel house.On this site I did notice in a poor and old pic of her stern when she was painted white and nothing more than a wreak of what appears to be remains of the supports that could possibly have been a swim platform? I have found no other images to confirm this So I could be completely wrong? None the less my Dauntless Now has a swim platform, And I like it ! Anyway externally My Dauntless is more or less done .I still have to finish the electrical system RC battery's wiring unfortunately I have a delay as I have nowhere to float my model to determine where in the hull is the best place to install the battery's so she sits correctly in the water. Probably have to buy an inflatable kids pool just to do the job or something similar? So I am now hunting the net and EBAY to see what I can come up with as cheaply as possible as It will only ever be used once. Perhaps with luck I will be completely finished by next summer . By the way the red leather Mini skirt looks better on my Dauntless seats than as a girls Mini skirt!I will of course be adding some more Pics some time soon
Old 11-07-2018, 11:57 AM
Rich404

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Hi Darron & fellow captains. It's been ages since I last logged onto this forum. Congratulations on a job well done on your Dauntless. She truly looks great!!

-Rich.