Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > RC Scale Boating
Reload this Page >

suggestions for brushless power for Dumas Triple Cockpit Barrelback?

Notices
RC Scale Boating Enjoy rc scale boating? Talk about it here.

suggestions for brushless power for Dumas Triple Cockpit Barrelback?

Old 06-24-2022, 05:44 PM
Dmon1996

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Default suggestions for brushless power for Dumas Triple Cockpit Barrelback?

Hi folks!

I have inherited a partly started and incomplete Triple Cockpit Barrelback, and have been going backwards so I can move forwards. That being said, I am starting to think of power for it, and if I can make sense of it I would like to go brushless. I have searched on this forum, and anything that seems to be relevant has invalid links.

So... what I am looking for is recommendations for (preferably Hobby King or similar links to...) brushless motor and ESC combos that will be sufficient for my Chris Craft. Please bear with me- I have read tons on brushless motors and researched, but it just does not make sense to me and I have no idea how to relate them to my comfort zone (brushed motors). So please... don't try and educate me- it will only frustrate you (just ask other members in my model boat club).

Anyway, is there anyone out there that has recently finished a Triple Cockpit Barrelback with brushless, and is happy with the results? If so, please share your successful solution with me- I promise I won't tell anyone! LOL

Ok, I am done rambling... time to go back to swearing a blue streak with that darn mahogany planking! Thanks for any help!
Old 06-25-2022, 03:37 PM
Hydro Junkie

Received 130 Likes on 123 Posts

I can think of two places to start:
Offshore Electric at RC Boats by Offshore Electrics
Mack Products at pleasure pg 1 - j (mackproductsrc.com)

Mack actually has a pair of power packages for that boat, one of which is brushless. The kit number for that is 7306-2

Last edited by Hydro Junkie; 06-25-2022 at 03:44 PM.