Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > RC Scale Boating
Reload this Page >

Scale & RC Boat Magazine

Community
Search
Notices
RC Scale Boating Enjoy rc scale boating? Talk about it here.

Scale & RC Boat Magazine

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2007, 11:31 AM
azcaptain

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Scale & RC Boat Magazine

HiYa!!!

To Ron Abir (Editor) or anyone "out there".........Can you give me a update on when the next issue of this GREAT new magazine will be mailed. I thought it was due out before the Christmas Holiday Season ??????

Thanks,

azcaptain
Old 01-08-2007, 08:50 PM
Kmot
My Feedback: (24)

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: Scale & RC Boat Magazine

You like talking to the wind, huh?
Old 01-08-2007, 09:36 PM
jshander

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I emailed them 2 weeks ago to ask the same question-never heard from them. Tomorrow I will call them. I am seriously afraid to give them money for next year's subscription as they haven't even sent a notice I am "expired"
Old 01-09-2007, 03:04 PM
azcaptain

My REAL hope is there is just some explanable delay.........Our hobby needs a good magazine like that one. Mr. Abir (editor) should be commended for making the effort. Other, related U.S. publications just don't "do it" for me. With respect to all those modelers out there who like RTR models, high speed, etc. etc. that's just great but scale modelers just don't have enough coverage.
Old 01-10-2007, 01:41 PM
Kmot

I agree. I wish I would get the rest of my subscription in my mailbox. [&o]
Old 01-10-2007, 07:41 PM
patmat

Received 24 Likes on 19 Posts

Hi AZ Capt:
Pick up a copy of "Ships in Scale" recently? (shameless plug follows, I'm a contributor...)
In the past, it had an overly-heavy dose of static sail models... but there's plenty to learn from these true modelers, for whom the term "research" isn't a foreign word.
Anyway, I do an RC column in there now, and we have a fair bit of content for r/c models. On the cover this issue- my build of the Robbe r/c schooner "Valdivia", last of a multipart series. Inside- an ongoing build of a Hartman fiberglass "Harbor Tug", a real beauty. Regatta coverage, new product listings, all there. I've covered subjects like gearboxes, shaft couplers, sound units, electronic r/c switches, and more. I'm thinking there might be a big PT boat article coming soon...
Anyway, it's found on the shelves of more discriminating hobby shops, or subscribe at the web site:
www.seaways.com
And we're into our SECOND HUNDRED set of issues, so don't worry about the magazine evaporating away...

Patrick Matthews

Old 01-10-2007, 09:09 PM
jshander

I called the number on their web page during business hours and l left message for them to call me back to see about last issue.
I will keep you posted when they call me back.

also Model Boat from UK has been picked up by a new distributor. I hope that magazine can still flourish. That is my favorite of all the R/C boat magazines
Old 01-10-2007, 11:09 PM
azcaptain

Hey Pat,

Thank you very much. I'm definitely looking into "your" magazine. I have two articles prepared for publication which have been reviewed and I've been told they're publishable. I'll have to send them to this mag for consideration.

Thanks, again,

John De Broske azcaptain
Old 01-10-2007, 11:12 PM
azcaptain

jshander..........

Thanks for the response and other mag information. I'll certainly look into it.

John De Broske azcaptain
Old 01-13-2007, 11:30 AM
shark1

I just checked, I had sent him a check for $26.95 on 11/24/05 so I guess I'm expired too. I would be willing to renew if he sent a notice and gave some hope of getting more magazines, but I'm afraid it's no use. He was at Toledo last year but I bet he won't be there this time. If he is it'll be a chance to find out what's happening.
jshander - I think they have Model Boat from the UK at Greenfield Hobby, don't they?
Old 01-13-2007, 11:06 PM
Kmot

SRCBM did not have a booth at the AMA Convention this year, like they did last year.
Old 01-26-2007, 12:25 AM
jshander

Greenfield cannot get Model Boats any more. I gave up trying to reach Scale and RC Boat Magazine. I only get answering machine at the number listed on the website. They do not return my calls nor answer my emails. Their website has not been updated since November. I may be out only one magazine. I feel sorry for the advertisers that prepaid for many issues.
I can only hope that the magazine continues[]
Old 01-26-2007, 03:24 PM
jshander

I again tried calling Scale & RC Boat Magazine 1/26/07. Only getting recording and no call back. I tried calling new subscription line getting only a recording. I tried the Northwest RC Expo number on their webpage and got recording that the 2007 winter show has been cancelled. I am no longer an optimist with this publication.
Old 01-26-2007, 10:03 PM
azcaptain

Dear Scale Model Friends,

I thank you for sharing your experiences with trying to contact this magazine's editor/publisher. Our fellow American (and world-wide, for that matter) hobbiests deserves better treatment than this. The "powers that be" at this publication which we tried to support owe us an explanation--even if they conscientiously tried and failed. I think we could understand that in the very competitive world we live in--especially from the threat from imports produced by near slave labor.

azcaptain
Old 01-30-2007, 03:40 PM
tfbowen

hi guys,yes i've had the same problem,but i only received 2 issues.i've emailed many times called and left messages several times ,like you say your just blown in the wind.i would love to find another mag. that was as good as this one was gonig to be.if they would only let us know whats going on we may stay with them,but the way it is i won't. tom
Old 02-06-2007, 11:15 PM
jshander

For those who like R/C boat magazines,
I called Wise Owl Publications in CA last week (US distributor for UK. Model Boat.) The first issue arrived in my mailbox today from UK.

http://www.wiseowlmagazines.com/index.cfm?

That is service!!!!!!

It is a great magazine too.
Old 02-17-2007, 04:55 PM
Ron Olson
My Feedback: (1)

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

I haven't seen Ron Abir around any of the forum sites lately so I don't know what's up with the magazine. I'll see if he shows up at the Toledo show this year but I kind of doubt it.
Old 02-17-2007, 08:03 PM
Kmot

He probably would not want to face all the angry Charter Subscribers.
Old 02-26-2007, 10:38 AM
Cristian Aldana

I suscribed last December 2006 but i dont receive any email or contacts from Magazine, then write to emails but they dont response. I hope they stay alive in the market.....

From here is dificult know the real situation.

Who know the real problem?
Old 02-26-2007, 10:58 AM
Ron Olson

think that you might find Capt. Ron here at this business: http://www.e-powerrc.com/index.asp as this was the booth that he was running last year in Toledo.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Sp45043.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	69.0 KB
ID:	630243  
Old 03-01-2007, 09:07 AM
Cristian Aldana

Thanks Ron i`ll trying to find any notice.
Old 03-07-2007, 03:25 PM
harve202
My Feedback: (2)

...offensive conduct...? I can't vent when people take my money purporting to provide magazines? Excuse me for believing latter is worse than the former. Someone care to explain it to me? Editors surely haven't. Retired and Tired in NC
Old 03-07-2007, 05:30 PM
Ron Olson

harve202, would you care to elaborate? This is your first posting in this thread and no postings have been deleted. If it was, I would still see it. Nothing has been edited either except by its author.
Old 03-07-2007, 07:27 PM
shark1

I had sort of given up on that magazine, but the other day I looked at the web site. He mentions some of the articles that were to be in the next two issues and they looked really interesting. I would like to see the one on the sub chaser.
It doesn't do any good to get mad at him, you can't force someone to publish a magazine. I sent a (polite) message through the site but so far no answer.

Capt'n Ron - if you're reading this stuff - PLEASE respond either here or through a post card - individual emails, - somehow - let us know what the problems are. We aren't just crabby customers, we really like the magazine and want it to continue. If we can help somehow, let us know how.
Old 03-15-2007, 12:00 AM
azcaptain

My feelings precisely. Hey, Ron Abir, where's your integrity??? You even promised to publish a couple of things I wrote and sent you.

We're not mad, just sadly disappointed that you can't follow through and at LEAST let us know what happened. If it's all over, an apology would be nice for the money and confidnece we invested in you as charter subscribers. Your magazine was really good and very promising.

AZ Captain

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.