Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > RC Scale Boating
Reload this Page >

Forklift's S-100 plastic model to R/C conversion

Community
Search
Notices
RC Scale Boating Enjoy rc scale boating? Talk about it here.

Forklift's S-100 plastic model to R/C conversion

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2007, 09:06 PM
forklift

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Forklift's S-100 plastic model to R/C conversion

The thread name says it all... let the madness begin!

I'm finally digging into this thing. My goal is to convert the Revell 1:72 S-100 Schnellboot into a functioning R/C model, complete with lights.

Here's the box:

And of course, here's the initial pile of goodies:

Pointers and general guidance is MUCH appreciated because I've never done a model to R/C conversion.

Here's my plan: (only step 1 & 2 are done)

Step 1 - Buy the model... CHECK

Step 2 - Buy necessary R/C components... CHECK... I've bought a cheap dual prop boat and plan to gut everything from it and put it into the S-100. It should arrive on Thursday, March 1st.

Step 3 - Go ahead and follow the model instructions for making the two deck pieces completely modelled. (that will basically take care of the modelling process except for step 4, which is as follows.

Step 4 - Fit the 2 pieces of hull together, seal with plastic cement and then run a bead of clear silicone on the inside to make her water-tight.

Step 5 - Test buoyancy of the empty hull, making sure there are no leaks... adding weights to confirm payload capability.

Step 6 - (I should have the R/C components by then) Figure out the layout of said R/C components, distributing the weight properly and allowing maximization of layout.

Step 7 - Chicken out and ask you guys for help.
Old 02-27-2007, 10:59 AM
forklift

Default RE: Forklift's S-100 plastic model to R/C conversion

If you're interested in watching my progress, please check out the link below:

[link=http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=648931#post7000209]Build Log[/link]

Please note that I'm not trying to take away from this forum by posting a link to another one, I just get more replies in that forum so I'll be posting progress there. Thanks.
Old 04-28-2007, 03:59 PM
Sea Dart

Default RE: Forklift's S-100 plastic model to R/C conversion

Ive got a converted revell S-100 and it sails brillient. its only got one prop though. Ill upload some pictures later of it to show you.