Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > RC Scale Boating
Reload this Page >

Vintage Sterling Catalina Found!

Community
Search
Notices
RC Scale Boating Enjoy rc scale boating? Talk about it here.

Vintage Sterling Catalina Found!

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2007, 10:26 AM
blckgnx

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Vintage Sterling Catalina Found!

I've just aquired the dream of my life, but she's in bad shape. I need any info, plans etc. that I can find on the old Sterling Kit Catalina. The stuff I've got is all "BRAND NEW" including 2-Pittman 9300 motors, and all the fittings (Lead based)LOL. Thanks for any help Ron
Old 07-20-2007, 02:18 PM
Pusar
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: Vintage Sterling Catalina Found!

Is the boat done but in bad shape? Fittings are new? I am confused. Have any pictures?

It is a great boat! Nice find.

Marty
Old 07-20-2007, 02:32 PM
blckgnx

Hi Pusar, I've been following you guys in the Dauntless forums and just about ordered one, but the love of my life has always been the Chris Craft Catalina, long story. This one was started 45 years ago and is semi complete, however, the power train was never put in nor were any of the fittings put in. He lost the plans, but found the box with all the "New" stuff in it. The paint is cracked and the hull was never fiberglassed, so is a little dry. I'll get some pics posted in the next few days. (I need to learn how to do that) you guys have been doing an outstanding job with posting and comraderie on the Dauntless. Hard to belive half a dozen guys from around the world can share their work like that. MODERN TECHNOLOGY!!! I'll be around. Ron
Old 07-24-2007, 09:55 AM
green-boat

Sand the paint off, fill the low spots and fiberglass that thing!!!!!
Old 07-31-2007, 02:04 PM
E-Challenged

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

There are a number of old Sterling CC boat rescue threads on on RC Groups E-Zone, Scale Electric Boat Forum that might also help you. Plans and instuctions reprints might be available on Ebay. I have the CC 63 foot ( 48") Motoryacht built and NIB kit. There is a CC Catalina thread on E-Zone right now.

Good luck with it!