Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > RC Scale Boating
Reload this Page >

Atlantio 059 scale model yacht Jet drive conversion

Community
Search
Notices
RC Scale Boating Enjoy rc scale boating? Talk about it here.

Atlantio 059 scale model yacht Jet drive conversion

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2007, 04:15 PM
laurent1784

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Atlantio 059 scale model yacht Jet drive conversion

Hi folks. I recently acquired an Atlantio 059 scale model yacht (took it from my brother) that looks like this one http://www.zhobby.com/at059racoelp.html I am planning on modifying it from direct drive to a Jet drive. A friend of mine told me he can get me the speed controller, crystals, and 2 channel receiver (all of them made in china) for about $40, since I already have the pistol and batteries. I got the graupner 600 series and graupner mini jet drive for $60. I have been looking the bottom of the hull and thought about removing making a cut between the hull protrusion, where the shaft sits, and the rudder. This is the first time I will be cutting ABS plastic. I appreciate any tips you may provide me with. It seems there is plenty of space to work on espcially on the back where it seems the jet nozzle fits great. I will also order a servo and will remove the current one installed. I am aware that I need to seal some holes. I was thinking about getting a bigger ride, but since I already have all the stuff in handy, I think I will go for it. Shall I use some fiberglass for sealing the jet inlet or some industrial epoxy like soldimix (that thing does not break, believe me). Thanks for all the help provided. I am really not into rc boats, but I like to give it a try. I am a RC rally car geek and man, my Impreza kicks ass. A tip, you shall get the Radioshack 7.2 V 3300mAh NiMH battery pack, it has plenty of juice and it will kick up the speed in your electric motor. I get about 20 minutes of ride at full throttle on my car. It was clocked at 32 mph. If you run it with slicks indoor, you can do some awesome drifting on it.

Laurent