RC Scale Boating Enjoy rc scale boating? Talk about it here.

Shelley Foss 45 inch

Old 08-31-2007, 07:17 PM
roddys

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Shelley Foss 45 inch

I am thinking of finaly building the 45 inch Dumas version of the Shelley Foss. I bought it about 15 years ago, I cant even remember how much I paid for it. The box contains a fiber glass hull 3 sheets of plywood, 2 pages of drawings (a side view and a top view no dimensions). The hull has Feb 24 1982 stamped in it. The only thing done on it is it has 2 shafts and 2 props that are almost 4 inch diameter and counter rotating instaled. Has anyone built one of these? It looks like it wont be too dificult to build. HA HA. The new kid said. Any advice would be appricated. I am looking for motors now i want to get everything under the deck done first. I think that 1/2 inch to the foot will be big enough to keep me interested and be able to actualy be able to build and see. My eyes arent what they used to be. Thanks
Roddy
Old 09-07-2008, 06:46 AM
Newbee-RCU
My Feedback: (38)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Shelley Foss 45 inch

I have a shelley but its all wood 36" with the dumas motors I think the motor# is 2025. They are a little bigger than the 550s.
I have a pair of dumas 12V motors and a dumas 12V speed control that I can sell to you if you want to keep the boat 100% in its era.
Good luck on the buid. It should go pretty well for you knowintg that you have a glass hull. 80% of the work is already done.
Old 09-08-2008, 08:09 PM
tugboatjoe

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Shelley Foss 45 inch

Anybody got any pics of a 45inch shelly foss...
Old 07-10-2019, 06:58 PM
ken webb

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Did you ever build the 45" Shelly Foss? I started one years ago that I haven't finished. Going with my own cabin design.
Old 07-10-2019, 08:15 PM
Tidnab
My Feedback: (51)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Originally Posted by ken webb View Post
Did you ever build the 45" Shelly Foss? I started one years ago that I haven't finished. Going with my own cabin design.
I don't think I've seen any builds of the Foss Artic class tugboat.It's a little different on length and width and would have to figure what scale it would be to the real one to make the cabins look right. https://www.bing.com/images/search?q=foss+arctic+tugboat&qpvt=Foss+Artic+tugboat&form=IGRE&first=1&cw=1129&ch=623