Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > RC Scale Boating
Reload this Page >

First impressions of the Broom 44

Community
Search
Notices
RC Scale Boating Enjoy rc scale boating? Talk about it here.

First impressions of the Broom 44

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2007, 12:45 PM
yjguy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default First impressions of the Broom 44

I was on ebay and come across a Modelslipways Broom 44. I ended up winning the auction for a steal! I received the boat about a week ago. I am pretty impressed. The previous owner started the build but stopped not far into the project.

They installed the stuffing tubes, struts, and rudders. Also, cuts were made for the through hull fittings, portholes engine vents etc.

This past week I have built the dingy, its close to ready for paint. Also, I have built the davits, and I have modified them slightly. I built a fine brass tubing into the davits. I have also modified the davit bases aswell. They will be power davits at some point.

I moved on to the superstructure the other day. As I was mapping out the cabin sides to for the window cuts, and I found that the cabin was crooked. The port side section by the forward part of the cabin have been molded a bit off. I traced out the starboard side and applied a traced copy onto the port side, then attacked it with some sandpaper. I reshaped the cabin almost perfect now, it looks good now. I finished maping the windows and the rough cuts are complete.

As for the quality of the boat from MSW, its great. This is one heavily built hull, 1/8" to 3/16" depending on where you measure.

My digi cam isnt working or I would have had some pics to co along with this. Ill post some pics when I get my hands on a new cam.

Tom
Old 10-06-2007, 01:06 PM
patmat

Received 24 Likes on 19 Posts
Default RE: First impressions of the Broom 44

Out of production maybe? It's not on the Model Slipway website:
http://www.modelslipway.com/

But here's a picture of one:
http://www.modelshopbelfast.co.uk/RC...roomth_jpg.htm

Pat M
Old 10-06-2007, 02:02 PM
yjguy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: First impressions of the Broom 44

Yeah I think it may have gone out of production. I didnt see it on the website either. I think that there is a place in Ca. that still have it available.

Tom