Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > RC Scale Boating
Reload this Page >

A few more ???? on A.H. tug for "Newman"

Community
Search
Notices
RC Scale Boating Enjoy rc scale boating? Talk about it here.

A few more ???? on A.H. tug for "Newman"

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2009, 09:28 PM
tug one

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A few more ???? on A.H. tug for "Newman"

Hello all! Well it's taken me several evenings, but I've read many, many threads in the scale boat forums. Fantastic stuff! I went ahead and ordered the Aquacraft RTR Atlantic Harbour Tug. Aside frompossibly having to upgrade the esc it sounds like a fair deal of boat for the money. I've looked at some of your mods and scratchbuilt reworks and WOW...I'm thoroughly impressed. Also the reworks of the Bristol Bay are just amazing.(I am alreadyshowing it to my wifeand asking her if she would like to have HEROWN boat...he,he). I'm a static and RR modeler from wayback...so I can't wait tostart reworking the tug myself. Try to get it looking a little more like a scale model. I know there islots of room for improvment in this regard.My question is concerning battery power. I have a 7 cell 8.4 V 1100 mAh NimH battery and charger already on hand. (This RTR requires the consumer provide these items...Isn't that ARTR??...But I digress).The spec sheet online says thiswill be compatible. I am wondering what length of run time I can expect? (Read...do I need a second and or third batt)? I realize throttle level willdictate run time...but at moderate throttle levels what would the experts give as an educated guess? Also...thosenifty smoke units...I assume they need their own power supply? Do the proportional smoke units wire tothe esc or?? Could a person use one smoke unit formore than one boat if it was mounted appropriatelyfor easy removel and installation? I sure appreciate any responses andopinions!! Thanks for all the great info I've already received here. Doug....aka "Newman" On edit...I better give the link with some specs.

http://www.aquacraftmodels.com/boats/aqub59-main.html