Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > RC Scale Boating
Reload this Page >

which esc for my lobster boat

Notices
RC Scale Boating Enjoy rc scale boating? Talk about it here.

which esc for my lobster boat

Old 04-01-2010, 09:13 PM
mainiac68

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default which esc for my lobster boat

Hi everyone, After too many years away, I'm back into rc boating. I dug out my Midwest "lobstah" boat and need a speed control for it. I use 2 7cell nicad packs in parallel to a 540 size motor direct with the stock red plastic prop. I thought I was going to use a RET411P but they don't recommend these for an AM radio. The boat is set up for an old Futaba ATTACK4 FP-T4NBL AM radio. I want a decent fully propo unit. Future projects will demand new digital radio(s) but want to stick with this for now. I can use my other 2ch AM radios on several sailboats planned.

Thanks in advance for any help given!! Fred
Old 04-02-2010, 10:11 AM
mfr02

Received 32 Likes on 32 Posts
Default RE: which esc for my lobster boat

Unless it was designed to create interference, the is no reason why it should not work with an AM set. The signal voltages should be the same, the voltage supply the same. If the pins appear in the same order, nothing is different.
Old 04-02-2010, 10:59 AM
mainiac68

I was ordering online at Vantec and didn't see any info on which connector the esc might have (remember I've been out of it so didn't know things have changed) so I called the 800 number and asked the person and told her what radio it was for. She checked with the engineer and reported that he said they didn't reccomend using the RET411 with an AM radio. Think I should call them again for clarification? Have others used this esc with AM with success?
Old 04-03-2010, 05:45 AM
blizard05

Go with the Duratrax SPRINT w reverse from Tower. I have one in my lobby boat, works great. I also use a 2ch AM radio Larry
Old 04-03-2010, 07:12 PM
mainiac68

Thanks for the advice. I'll check it out. Nice pics of boats, including the "lobstah" boat. Fred