RC Submarines RC submarine discussions.

Propellers for Submarines

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2011, 11:49 PM
chanki

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Propellers for Submarines

Hi,

I've been flying model airplanes and helicopters, and this is my first post on this site. Have been considering trying out submarines and have been gathering information on its various systems and what makes them work. I have a question regarding submarine propellers. Which off-the-shelf propellers would be suitable for driving a 12kg submarine at about 3 knots underwater?

Thanks in advance

Old 08-02-2011, 06:55 AM
bijou

Default RE: Propellers for Submarines

HI,
To get an answer it wheel require more information about what tip of submarine you have or want to get,in order to know what tip of propeller is necessary.Most of the submarine have the awn model of propeller so is difficult to know witch tip is suitable for you.
Regards "bijou"
Old 10-06-2011, 02:56 PM
Aeroprado

ORIGINAL: chanki

Hi,

I've been flying model airplanes and helicopters, and this is my first post on this site. Have been considering trying out submarines and have been gathering information on its various systems and what makes them work. I have a question regarding submarine propellers. Which off-the-shelf propellers would be suitable for driving a 12kg submarine at about 3 knots underwater?

Thanks in advance

Chanki.

Are many variants, to determine the speed of the vessel, you enter your weight, but you have to see the drag, the type of submarine that will build, as well as the engine that will use, what reduction. See this site has all possible helices for use in various modalities. But roughly speaking, you should use a gearbox of 3: 1 for most motors used in submarine, I myself am building one from scratch, and not yet determined, engine, propeller and heixo.

http://www.raboesch.com/

hug
Old 01-05-2012, 04:00 PM
2daice

Check a company Alexanderengle. I built their u177 they produce the best kits.